1.    #1  
    I am not sure what happened. I was showing off the Treo 650 and I went into TCPMP 0.63 and the device crashed when I clicked on Play.

After the reset I tried to hit the home key and it kept going off. I reset again and it booted up to the date & time screen but it would not let me click on done with the touch screen or the keyboard.

Then I noticed a black key in the lower right screen. It was as if the lock indicated that input was locked (out). Once the predetermined time period went by the unit went off as usual; however, the device would not stay on.

I did a warm reset and was able to get the get past the time & Date screen; however after a minute or so the lock appeared. At some point I could do a Option-Mail to go to LauncherX but the lock appear and no input was allowed.

No matter how many reset, it would not go a way. Once after a warm reset before the lock reappeared, I got this error when I click on SnapperMail, "System version 3.5 or greater and NetLib is required to run SnapperMail".

I had a recent backup and I warm reset again and restored from the BackupBuddyVFS files. I elected not to do the Hard set unless I had to. All appears to be good after the restore.

Voice Dialing would recover and it deleted itself from the device. I upgraded to the latest version last night. That was the only addition.

So I am assuming that either Voice Dailing or TCPMP is the problem. Or the Netlib got damaged. Anyone have any ideas? Did anyone ever see the black key in the lower right corner of the screen?

I will try installing to new Voice Dailing again tonight and see if it reoccurs.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Are you using "Butler" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerShark
    Are you using "Butler" ?
    Yeah, that was my thought. The Black Key means that you've selected, "Use Alternative Keyguard" from Butler's Misc screen. It works just like the native keyguard: press the center button of the dpad and the key disappears, leaving keyboard/screen available for use.
  4.    #4  
    I do have butler and I never had the option checked. I thought Butler was involved because I went to check it out and it was calling me Madam and not Sit like it had before the crash. The center button was not functioning as it is now after I saw your post and activated the alternative keyguard. So the Butler pref file must have gotten damaged because it would not allow any input. It wouldn't even stay on until a warm reset.

I know you guy know your stuff so I investigated further. I turned Butler's keyguard on and put to "auto off after 1 sec" this resulted in the "won't stay on" issue described above. The result was that the device could not be entered at all. I warm reset the device and the result was that all reg codes were deleted Butler, LauncherX, all button assignments - GONE. Even my backupbuddyVFS thought it never backed up before. So it does appears that my Butler is gone mad and is talking down the whole family with him.

I restored from the backup that "wasn't there", reset and is back in business. I am removing Butler until I know more about this issue. Version 2.55 on Sprint 650 with 1.08 and custom ROM.
    Last edited by godschoice; 05/05/2005 at 01:09 PM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    ...So it does appears that my Butler is gone mad and is talking down the whole family with him...
    LMAO!! That is F'n hilarious!
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    LMAO!! That is F'n hilarious!
    Yeah, I about fell out of my chair. People at work already think I'm a little off...
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    So it does appears that my Butler is gone mad and is talking down the whole family with him.
    LOL! That's why I fired my Butler the first hour I got it installed and gave me 3 resets. Didn't want that guy getting too friendly with my other apps
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I think Butler causes me problems too. I also uninstalled Phone Technician which I think caused me problems. I try not to install many Turd Party Apps.