Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Stupid SD card fell out at some point while I was at the Millenia Mall in Orlando. I've heard of a program that lets u know when your SD card is out, is there an alarm that keeps going off?

Now I kinda wish the slot was in the battery cover area but then I guess no Wifi well not like we really have that right now anyway in a useful way.

Any trick to making it stay put?

The card was a 512mb SD Kingmax 66x speed.
    I use Cardkeeper (free) to give me a repeating alarm+vibrate when the card is removed (or pops out inadvertantly).

Do a search (I can provide a link when I get home ..if you need it).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I use the official PalmOne soft case. It's actually saved my SD card a few times, because it has a flap that goes over the top of the treo, right over the card. Even if the card pops out, this flap keeps it partway in the slot so it has nowhere to go.
    just put a piece of clear tape over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    just put a piece of clear tape over it.

Or you could just super glue it in
    My after market holster clip goes right over the top of the card.
    PalmOne Form Fit case and PalmPuke...
    Yes, I have heard there is an inordinate amount of gravity in FLA. Has no effects on chads though.
    I found that the cheap screen protectors that come with the Treo are perfect sd card covers. You can take them on and of repeatedly. I had that problem with my T600. I ended up buying a mini sd card card and disassembled the adapter, cut it smaller superglued every thing together and ended up with a sd card that was 1/8 inch shorter than a normal card, so I never had to worry about it getting bumbed and dislodging.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I found that the cheap screen protectors that come with the Treo are perfect sd card covers. You can take them on and of repeatedly. I had that problem with my T600. I ended up buying a mini sd card card and disassembled the adapter, cut it smaller superglued every thing together and ended up with a sd card that was 1/8 inch shorter than a normal card, so I never had to worry about it getting bumbed and dislodging.
    That's actually a great idea. Time consuming but great. You should sell those.
    Ya it took me 2 hours, those adapters come apart in about 11 peices. I know alot of guys that got tired of loosing their cards so they filed down the first few milimeters to keep them from sticking up which kept them from being bumped.

The standard SD card sits at the same height in the 650 as did on the 600 but dosent seem to eject evertime anything bumps it. I guess the 650 just as better mechanical hardware in the sd slot.
    CardKeeper 1.00 Douglas Anderson Freeware $ 0.00 http://www.byteswapped.com/palm/

PalmPuke 0.50 Karl-Konig Konigsson Freeware $ 0.00 http://www.chronologic.se/Palm/palmpuke.html

I went with CardKeeper cause I didn't wanna trust something caleld PalmPuke.....but then CK made no noises so I went with the Puker.
    palm puke doesnt keep making the noise though..whats the use then?

i guess ill try card keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus
    palm puke doesnt keep making the noise though..whats the use then?

i guess ill try card keeper
    In my case, cardkeeper didn't make any noise...been waiting for a new version to try.
    card keeper makes the noise every interval (whatever u select as that..mine is 30secs)

works great
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus
    card keeper makes the noise every interval (whatever u select as that..mine is 30secs)

works great

when I tried it, it didn't make any noise even after setting the interval. Maybe it was a conflict , maybe a burp in install. I will try it again after the Cingular upgrade this month.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I use a donationware called "Notify Me" (www.thequickster.com) You can configure it to check for the card every 15s-30mins. I use the "gasp" sound when card is ejected. Other choices...Barf, Blech, Horn, Scream.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Where is it? I don't see it on

http://www.thequickster.com/products/index.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    This is where I got "Notify Me!"...I guess it is not in the quickster website although that is the info I got from the "About" menu of the software.
    Get the software from mytreo http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ml?NotifyMe%21
    BTW, even though it is supposed to work for Treo 600 (according to the download link above), I am using it successfully in my Treo 650.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Cradle Care is the followup program to Card Keeper. Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast