Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs
    Yeah, but 1) is costs some $$, 2) it's more features than I want and 3) Just the communicator sound at powerup is prolly pretty trivial (a la Palm Puke).

I absolutely love the little, useless-ish things that folks build for Palm. (I'm a PPC convert, and there didn't seem to be that much "free and just fun" stuff). For example, Kim Molgaard's Psychic Rabbit (Bunny guesses your card) and Flash Boom! (Taping screen calculates distance of lightning). Muddy Glass' VooDoo, the HAL "eyeball", ect. I gots a card full of 'em!
    Agreed about the cost and features. I guess I had looked it at as if you didn't see that there was software out there that would do what you wanted (and I had just posted that there was). So I was all, hello, there is...take a look....

Your points are well taken, I often wish there was a utility that just did this or that and only this or that. Some times I have to settle for feature creep and/or increased cost to get what I want.
    Well Matty, I finally tried out Techsounds. Not to be too picky (or too much of a geek), but I don't think I'll keep it because the communicator chirp is ST Next Generation chest badge style, instead of the classic ST hand-held communicator. (Geez, there was just no way to say that without sounding geeky!)

I guess I could try to find a WAV version of the classic chirp, put it on my card and import it, but that sounds like too much work. Thanks for the idea though, it's a very cool app for just $10.
    Quote Originally Posted by guncollector
    Okay, so after a little more research, I see one can convert .wav files into PalmOS native sound files by downloading them with Blazer. But, first they need to be accessible from a webspace.

So, as a little payback for all the great info I've gotten from Treocentral, I'll gladly host these for any Trekkies out there who don't want to buy Ringo or a call manager just to install these Star Trek ringtones--or if you prefer simply to have these sounds as native for any PalmOS function.

Here's are the links:

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/comm_chirp_TOS-loop.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/doorchime_TOS_aug-loop.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/redalert_TOS.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/transporter_TOS.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/bosun-loop.wav

Live Long & Prosper!
    Does anybody have these? My 650 is out of commission and I want them on my 700p, but the links are down. Can anybodypost them? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Does anybody have these? My 650 is out of commission and I want them on my 700p, but the links are down. Can anybody post them? Thanks.
    Or I will PM my email address if someone will send them to me. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm looking for the actual Star Trek TOS "ringtone", not the chirp-chirp-chirp when it opens. You know, the low "beep-beep". All that I can find is the chirp-chirp-chirp. Does anyone know where the "beep-beep" is?

Thanks
    Try this one
    I've also got the .wav format if you need it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Try this one
    I've also got the .wav format if you need it.
    I uploaded it to my Treo and can see that it's there, but I can't figure out how to use it as a ring tone. It's not in the list of possible tones.
    Try emailing this wav file to your Treo and accept it into memory. It should put it your list of ringtones.
    (wav file pm'ed)

NOT.
    If I can figure how to get the wav file to you, it may work...
    Last edited by bassplayer; 04/14/2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: can't add wav file
    Doh. Why didn't I think of this earlier...
    I was able to load this on my Treo and play the sound but I cannot assign it as the alarm on a third party email application (Seven).
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Doh. Why didn't I think of this earlier...
    Thanks! That's the sound that I was looking for!
    Try emailing this wav file to your Treo and accept it into memory. It should put it your list of ringtones.
    (wav file pm'ed)

NOT.
    If I can figure how to get the wav file to you, it may work...

New Treo owner as of 36 hours ago. Had a clie 665 a while back but have been PDAless for 3 years. Still working on getting the Treo set up to my geekiness liking.

I tried to download the mp3 from your other msg, but that doesn't work for me. Not sure if it's the extension on the end or not? I sent the WAV to my clie through email and can see it and play it through the email, but I don't see a way to save it? Sorry for the newbie question.

Is the mp3 sound quality any better? The wav will work no doubt, but it sounds a little low with some noise in the background. If the MP3 is better I'd love to get a copy of it and try struggling with getting it to work.

Off to read the rest of the forum where I'll most likely learn how to do what I just asked.

Thomas
    Try unzipping the file from post 49. I think it's the mp3 version and sounds pretty good.
    I looked at the zip file before asking about the MP3. The zip file has the wav file in it. I managed to get the wave file saved and selected from the sounds app. Will need to modify it to include an empty second or two. If you have the MP3 format handy can you post or send it my way?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mitche8359; 05/26/2007 at 05:06 PM.
    I've looked all over for this sound and the wav you have here sounds pretty close but its still not the same as Kirk's tone. I tried getting one from Star Trek: Enterprise (its the same tone) but there's almost always music under the sound.

But I was able to pull this from TOS's Tomorrow is Yesterday, its pretty good if it has some tape noise under it.

I used Xingtone a $20 ringtone software program to send this file to my cel phone and make it a ringtone, pretty worth it, cause it can convert any sound. When I get a voice mail its TNG's door chime sound. I'm awesome.
    I want the chime played prior to the announcements about the trip to Endor at Disneyland.
    I renamed the file communic.au (a wav file) to keyflipopen.mid (the original name for the open sound file ) and even though the original file was a midi file and the new file is wav the phone still accepts it. Very cool. Now when I open it I get beep beep beep.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123