Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by robcox
    Ok,

Thanks folks for your replies. I converted some wave files and have some amrs you can use.

Attached zip file.

Thanks,
    Rob
    How did you do the conversion? I tried to convert something using that program and it came out awful.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by guncollector
    Okay, so after a little more research, I see one can convert .wav files into PalmOS native sound files by downloading them with Blazer. But, first they need to be accessible from a webspace.

So, as a little payback for all the great info I've gotten from Treocentral, I'll gladly host these for any Trekkies out there who don't want to buy Ringo or a call manager just to install these Star Trek ringtones--or if you prefer simply to have these sounds as native for any PalmOS function.

Here's are the links:

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/comm_chirp_TOS-loop.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/doorchime_TOS_aug-loop.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/redalert_TOS.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/transporter_TOS.wav

link
    url: home.comcast.net/~guncollector/star_trek_wavs/bosun-loop.wav

Live Long & Prosper!
    Hey...could you add the law and order "boinkboink" tone that's on the other post to this list you have? I can't get it to convert to arm
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kohn
    Attached file is a nice MP3 version of the communicator chirp. It would be great if someone could convert this to MIDI for us.
    Bump.

Yes, if anyone could convert these to midi I would appreciate it too.
    It's stuff like this that's driving me crazy waiting for VZW to offer the 650. I have to remember this thread whenever I get it.
    Can I use Palm Install to put them on? If not, how do I get these on the 650 as a ring tone?
    Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Will the converted amr files work on a Tre600 without any 3rd party programs.?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    The 600 cannot (natively) play AMR ringtones. Is there a 3rd-party that will?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/14/2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: changed the gif link to the correct smilie
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Thanks, these are great.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    The 600 cannot (natively) play AMR ringtones. Is there a 3rd-party that will?
    Thanks for the answer regarding the Treo600 and the amr files.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/14/2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: changed the gif link to the correct smilie
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    I just wish I could get the communicator chirp to sound every time I turned on the screen.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I just wish I could get the communicator chirp to sound every time I turned on the screen.
    Yes, that would be the _true_ Star Trek experience

Rob

(thanks for posting the improved loops, they are better than my originals!)
    Everything you want and more in Trekkie sounds for your Treo is available here

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=0&prodid=2239

OR read this thread here about it

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...485#post660485

You want the communicator sound on power up, you got it and more....go.....now.....hurry the Romulans are coming!!!
    Now that would be cool. Seems pretty easy to register one of the wakeup events and play a user selected sound. Any bored developers out there with a couple of hours free time?
    see my post above... there IS software that does this...and more...You can have the comunicator chirp on power up right now...no bored developer required....
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    wow... about time that update came out. I have been waiting on it since I gave up my Clie for the T600.
    yep.
    I'm being teleported to the Starship Enterprise!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    wow... about time that update came out. I have been waiting on it since I gave up my Clie for the T600.
    TOTALLY! I remember emailing them when I got my T|T and asking when they would support OS5....took a while I guess

Fun proggie
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    see my post above... there IS software that does this...and more...You can have the comunicator chirp on power up right now...no bored developer required....
    Yeah, but 1) is costs some $$, 2) it's more features than I want and 3) Just the communicator sound at powerup is prolly pretty trivial (a la Palm Puke).

I absolutely love the little, useless-ish things that folks build for Palm. (I'm a PPC convert, and there didn't seem to be that much "free and just fun" stuff). For example, Kim Molgaard's Psychic Rabbit (Bunny guesses your card) and Flash Boom! (Taping screen calculates distance of lightning). Muddy Glass' VooDoo, the HAL "eyeball", ect. I gots a card full of 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Thanks matty. Am I correct that this can NOT be stored on the expansion card?
    Thanks matty. Am I correct that this can NOT be stored on the expansion card?
    I would assume you are correct. I have not tried to run it from the card, but in my experience no persistant utilities that are at the system level will run from the card, so I have not even thought of trying it from there, I just assumed it would not.

It's a neat and fun addition to my Treo, the wife hates it which brings it to instant most used status on my Treo!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast