View Poll Results: What version of firmware are you runnning now?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll

18 18.95%
  • 1.14/1.15

26 27.37%

16 16.84%

35 36.84%
  1.    #1  
    What version of firmware are you runnning now?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    Big skew towards the latest and greatest, even though it has a big problem with performance slowdown.
  3.    #3  
    Need to change my vote as I downgraded from 1.23 to 1.15.
    I upgraded from the Treo600 AT&T that had phone static noise problems and was outside of the manufactrers warantee. (I still have the defective unit)
    I now have a Cingular locked V1.04 Treo650.
    I received my new phone about 3 weeks ago.
    Within a week the touch screen died (infant mortality) and was quickly replaced by Cingular.
    The replacement phone/PDA is working well after having to manually re-load all programs and data due to 600 --> 650 upgrade hotsynch preoblems.(continually resetting)
    I did have a crash and other problems with versamail but after reading reviews decided to delete the versamail databases and load Snappermail that I had been using on the Treo600 and have had not problems since. (Touch wood! )

I do not feel the need to upgrade the firmware at this time.

:shortcut:

I use the following additional to or instead of the default apps.
    Apcalc
    Coverter
    FileZ 6.7 Beta
    Handmark Express
    KB Lights
    LedOff
    MegaClock
    PowerRun
    PowerIp
    Snapper Mail
    Uninstall
    TreAlert
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Need to change my vote as I downgraded from 1.23 to 1.15.
    Why? (Downgrade I mean, not change the vote).
    Quote Originally Posted by RossAllen
    I upgraded from the Treo600 AT&T that had phone static noise problems and was outside of the manufactrers warantee. (I still have the defective unit)
    I now have a Cingular locked V1.04 Treo650.
    I received my new phone about 3 weeks ago.
    Within a week the touch screen died (infant mortality) and was quickly replaced by Cingular.
    The replacement phone/PDA is working well after having to manually re-load all programs and data due to 600 --> 650 upgrade hotsynch preoblems.(continually resetting)
    I did have a crash and other problems with versamail but after reading reviews decided to delete the versamail databases and load Snappermail that I had been using on the Treo600 and have had not problems since. (Touch wood! )

I do not feel the need to upgrade the firmware at this time.

:shortcut:

I use the following additional to or instead of the default apps.
    Apcalc
    Coverter
    FileZ 6.7 Beta
    Handmark Express
    KB Lights
    LedOff
    MegaClock
    PowerRun
    PowerIp
    Snapper Mail
    Uninstall
    TreAlert
    Hi

I too had the static problem with my t600. I solved it by shielding the battery connector with foil. Now works a treat! You will have to take the phone apart but that is wasy. The take the back off the phone and you will see the exposed battery. Disconnect the battery and remove it. You will then have to cut some cooking foil and wrap it around the connectiong wire. Not too much just make sure you cover the wire. Then reconnect. Watch that you put the infrared cover back as it sometimes falls out. Screw the whold thing back together and away you go!

Good luck

JR
    My firmware says 1.05. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  8.    #8  
    I meant to list the first item as 1.04/1.05
    should this be in the gsm forum since the sprint FW is not an option?
    Did Dutchy Get Married?!?!?!?!?
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    Did Dutchy Get Married?!?!?!?!?
    Not too recently...just thought my avatar needed a change
    lol....well congrats anyway...
    Need information on Real Estate, Please contact me!!!
    www.TheMMTeam.com
    Quote Originally Posted by J0V3
    lol....well congrats anyway...
    thanks!

...sorry for the off topicness all
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    thanks!

...sorry for the off topicness all
    Good thing you apologized...I was about to click the red triangle.
  15.    #15  
    last call for this poll
    1.14 on my unlocked gsm...never had a problem

and dutchie....you so cute...here let me touch your feet with my glove
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 1.21 from 1.14 and it seems to have solved the keyboard locking problem many, many folks have reported (it doesn't actually lock, just slows down to crawl when the phone is active). But the screen still wakes up randomly when the phone is on. That's all I've noticed so far.
  18.    #18  
    52% running the new stuff
    48% running the original

Pretty close results. Thanks for voting.