1.    #1  
    All,

Just a quick update to let everyone know that after almost 3 months of development effort, ProfileCare was launched tonight!

For those interested, here is the link to ProfileCare: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83409

Jeff
    That looks cool - anyone trying it? I wish there were a trial version - too many stories here and on Howards about software conflicts causing resets and reboots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    That looks cool - anyone trying it? I wish there were a trial version - too many stories here and on Howards about software conflicts causing resets and reboots.
    what are you talking about
    this was just released yesterday.
    I just did a search on howardforums.com under "ProfileCare" and nothing came up.
    are you sure your not thinking of some other program?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich
    heinrich, something you will learn is that when it comes down to treo and treo related things, treocentral is the word, that or treonauts (and i know im forgetting some other places)...NEVER! Hofo...we be dumb yo
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

Just a quick update to let everyone know that after almost 3 months of development effort, ProfileCare was launched tonight!

For those interested, here is the link to ProfileCare: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83409

Jeff
    Jeff, I see that you offer both ProfileCare and ScheduleCare...what's the difference between the two?
    I have been using profilecare for few weeks now (starting with early beta versions), I love it. I have no issues to report. It has worked flawlessly in my CDMA650.
    Treoing & Loving it
    where did u get the beta version?
    it WAS available prior to official release. the official version is 100 percent functional during the trial period.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Jeff, I see that you offer both ProfileCare and ScheduleCare...what's the difference between the two?
    Bill-

ScheduleCare allows you to control your Treo's settings via commands entered in your calendar (or in category notes if on a 650). This is usefule for muting sounds during meetings, scheduling phone On/Off times and much more.

ProfileCare does all of that plus allows you to build profiles using a graphic screen and then schedule those profiles to run during certain days/times or Run the manually via a hot key popup screen. It can set and maintain listening volumes for Handset, Speaker Phone, Back Speaker, Headset and Stereo headphones. There is so much more to this than I've covered here. I believe the documentation is available for download and that would be the best way (other than trying the app of course ) to see the feature set .

I have a number of timed profiles and a few manual ones set up that:

A) Keep my phone on at all times except for 3-4am when it is scheduled off along with a soft reset just prior to my daily scheduled backup.

B) Sets volumes lower and changes my Ringtones during M-F 9-5 for work and then sets the back at other times.

C) During the day, it sets my screen to full brightness and turns off the keyboard lighting

D) During the evening it dims the screen a bit and lowers volumes a bit

E) Night time dims screen more, turns on the auto keyboard lighting.

F) Backup - described above - turns off phone and performas a reset right before my backup runs.

G) Movie - mutes all volumes, dims screen, turns on Vibrate mode, turns on Key lights

H) Low Battery - when the battery reaches 20% - dims screen, turns off LED, Key Lights, Phone and Bluetooth radios and sets the auto off delay to 15 seconds to conserve as much battery as possible.

In a future release, ProfileCare will be able to detect bluetooth devices and change setting based on what device(s) it can see at the moment. Useful for detecting when you are in the car(carkit), at work (Work PC) or Home (home PC) assuming those devices are BT enabled.

I hope I've answered your question.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    great app, very responsive developer.
    Treoing & Loving it