Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Well, Bill Gamble you made me feel a little better...:-)
    I tend to have that effect on folks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    I think it's the avatar. Cracks me up.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    With the amount of data usage surfacing, we better be careful! They're going to start paying particular attention to the Atlanta area!
    Curiously, has anyone called Cingular to switch from UL PDA/Data ($40/mo) to MEdiaNet Plan ($25mo)? If so, was it easy to do? or did they give you a hard time with switching to a "WAP Plan" on a PDA device?

Any limitations noticed for you lucky fellas that have the 650 on the unlimited MEdianNet Plan?

Thx.... BTW, new to Treo and Treocentral... my first post... yeayyyy
    I just called yesterday and switched. Just started service the data before and the sales rep said I HAD to have the PDA service. After reading posts here I called back and the girl said the same. I told her I didn't need VPN and wanted MediaNet. She said she wasn't sure if it would work on the Treo650 (HA!). I told her I'd take my chances....

Works just fine...and $20 cheaper. They're just trying to get as much $$ as possible for something that is new. Plus corporate clients don't bawk at those prices.

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't data cheaper that digital voice anyway.
    that's what i was hoping to hear... on hold with cingular right now...

fight the power! does anyone know how much it costs to for a one minute call using GSM network? I believe it's something along the lines of $0.0001

Can you say profit margin?
    made the switch...dropped the pda plan ($40) and added the MediaNet Unlimited ($25).... easy peasy nice and easy...
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I use between 20 and 30 megs a month, unlimited T-Mobile VPN for $19.95/month.... soon to be upgraded to UMTS!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I just checked my bill, and I only used 10MB of data. I expect that to double by next month since I have become very used to the device. This is my 3rd month with the Treo, and I feel like I'm still learning it's potential. I'm on the grandfathered 19.99 unlimited mediaworks package btw.
    I just changed my plan from PDAconnect unlimited to unlimited MediaNet. Talked to the rep on the phone and asked her what is the difference between the two plans. She said exactly what I thought it was, PDAconnect unlimited is for the ability to connect the laptop or pc to the internet. However, I'll keep my eyes open on the billing statement.

Someone said in this thread or another thread that he was told by Cingular customer service rep that Treo 650 user MUST buy the PDAconnect unlimited plan. Well, I'm glad I got the customer service rep who listened to me.

Ben
    Ben
    195mb my first month with the Treo.. I was supposed to recieve my first two months free... but they charged me $10 anyway.

I didn't even bother to make any waves... I figure I better leave well enough alone.. With my luck I would be the one to draw attention to Treo user's, and we would end up paying the pda premium like ppc users.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    With the amount of data usage surfacing, we better be careful! They're going to start paying particular attention to the Atlanta area!
    You have to have something to do while sitting on 400 or the top end perimeter. If you lived and work in town as I do you'd only be using 50 Megs er month.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman
    You have to have something to do while sitting on 400 or the top end perimeter. If you lived and work in town as I do you'd only be using 50 Megs er month.
    I have to mock you a little bit...it's what I do. I'm from Chicago, so I always smirk to myself when anyone here complains about the traffic (or snow).

For all you guys that just switched Cingular plans...keep a close eye on your bill! I took 2 months and multiple calls and credits to FINALLY register MediaNet.
    I used 35-70MB per month.
    I've seen people post that they have used upwards of 350-450MB per month on the Media Works unlimited packaged with no problems.

For what it's worth, AT&T wireless had a $45 unlimited PDA Plan. In the fine print it once said that if you exceed 100MB in two consecutive months, they may revoke the plan. Note that they did not say they'd charge you extra, but that they'd take the plan away. I noticed they took that fine print away several months later and I could no longer find that reference, but I know it was there initially.

Having said that, if you want to not rock the boat and play nice as to not abuse the plan or call attention to your usage, I think under 100MB/month is a good reasonable goal. But you should have not problem using 2 to 3 times that. Going above 400-500MB is pushing it in my opinion on the cheap plans, if you're doing that at least pony up for the $40 PDA plan.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12