1.    #1  
    I delete messages from my treo 650 and empty trash from handheld and server..yet the next time i retrieve my pop mail, i keep getting those same deleted emails delivered to me again...what can i do please ??
    What email client are you using? Sounds like you are leaving them on your server.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    What email client are you using? Sounds like you are leaving them on your server.

i use versa mail..and pop optonline.net....i have the treo set to only get unread messages, and when i delete on treo..to also delete on server..thanks
    I have the same problem. I use a networksolutions.com mailbox & Versamail. I've instructed Versamail to delete messages in my networksolutions mailbox when I delete them on the Palm (and I delete the trash often), but I still get them resent to the Treo. This didn't happen on the multimail app I had on the 600.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kohn
    I have the same problem. I use a networksolutions.com mailbox & Versamail. I've instructed Versamail to delete messages in my networksolutions mailbox when I delete them on the Palm (and I delete the trash often), but I still get them resent to the Treo. This didn't happen on the multimail app I had on the 600.
    ive had my treo 650 for 3 months..i just started having this problem yesterday
    I had the same problem. I am using Snappermail & fusemail imap. It has nothing to do with "leave messages on server" for me. Only way I fixed it was log into webmail & delete it from there.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I had the same problem. I am using Snappermail & fusemail imap. It has nothing to do with "leave messages on server" for me. Only way I fixed it was log into webmail & delete it from there.

I understand..but that doesnt really remedy the problem..if you're travelling etc..there has to be a fix on the treo 650 itself
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yeah, I have the same problem. Doesn't seem to matter how I have the settings.

I've come to the conclusion that Versamail ignores most of the settings. Especially the download size setting. I've set mine to the max and it still only downloads the first part of messages. I've also tried a sane number like 200k or 500k and it just ignores it.

So, did they fix any of this in the newer versions? I have v3.0Ag5. Is the only newer version available packaged in the leaked ROM update?

Steve
    I fixed all my Versamail problems (leaving messages on the server, not downloading entire messages, ignoring preferences/settings) with this:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=36541

This basically resets Versamail and deletes corrupted files when you remove all the files created by asc3 or asc4. I would also delete the backup folder on your computer.

You don't have to use FileZ, you can use any app that allows you to browse and delete files by creator name. Many launchers also give you this functionality--I used LauncherX.

The only pain in the neck is that you have to set up your e-mail accounts again.

Hope it works for you,
    Veronica
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    i was having the same problem usiing Gmail pop with the regular email client on the 600...everyone once in a while id get like 96 new emails but they were all old ones i had already gotten and deleted. it hasnt happened lately so i guess its fixed
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by Verngator
    I fixed all my Versamail problems (leaving messages on the server, not downloading entire messages, ignoring preferences/settings) with this:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=36541

This basically resets Versamail and deletes corrupted files when you remove all the files created by asc3 or asc4. I would also delete the backup folder on your computer.

You don't have to use FileZ, you can use any app that allows you to browse and delete files by creator name. Many launchers also give you this functionality--I used LauncherX.

The only pain in the neck is that you have to set up your e-mail accounts again.

Hope it works for you,
    Veronica
    I do this seven or eight times a week! Still, when versamail isn't crashing my Treo, it downloads the same 28 e-mails from two months ago. It's really starting to chap-my-behind.
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Have you done this, done the desktop things and and also re-named the VersaMail backup folder to "OldVersaMail" (or something like that)?
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    'Download only unread messages' doesn't work with POP, only IMAP. It's a limitation of the mail server, not Versamail.

I've noticed some servers don't delete mail even when you specify 'both handheld and server' when deleting. For example, this feature doesn't work with my Sprint account, but it does with my Comcast account. Not sure why.

I know that's not the answer you wanted, but hopefully it'll help you find a workaround.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    ...seems to work fine. VersaMail checks messages on both my sprintpcs.com email as well as my regular ISP email and only downloads the ones to the Treo that have not already been downloaded. The only exception has been when I deleted messages from the Treo without also doing the "delete on server". If I don't do that, I get duplicate messages.
    Exterminate!