1.    #1  
    I'm sure I can't be the only one that has this problem, so I'd thought I'd ask. I've searched the Internet fairly thouroughly, and I can't seem to find a solution, if there is one.

As many of you out there probably did, I upgraded my Treo 300 to a 650. I quickly found out that the 4-conductor (3 black bands) 2.5 mm pin of the headsets that work with the 300 do not work with the 650. This really ticks me off because I had to buy new Jabra headsets to work with the 300, now they won't work with the 650! So I'm back to using my older standard style Jabras (glad I stashed them away). The problem is that my older headsets don't have the answer button, which I've become really used to with the 300.

When I originally purchased the 300, I found an adapter that would allow a standard 3-conductor (2 black bands) headset to be used with a Treo 300. This worked as a stopgap until I purchased the 4-conductor headsets. What would be nice is if someone made an adapter in reverse (i.e. will allow 4-conductor headsets to work with standard 3-conductor jacks).

To answer the obvious questions:

Yes, I will eventually buy a bluetooth headset, but I want to do some research before making a decision.

And yes, it may be easier just to buy a standard headset with an answer button. My thinking is that if an adapter that suits my needs exists and is cheap, I already have 2 headsets with answer buttons that I can use instead of spending the money on new ones.

Thanks!
    Marcel
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind. I found that the Jabra Earset Windup was only about $12 on Amazon so it isn't worth looking for an adapter.