Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Hello

When upgrading fw to 1.21 - and further to 1.23 I lost my photos in Media. The photos can be located in RAM (in the handheld device memory), but I don't see them in "Media". Doesn't seem possible to import them into the "Media" application either. Can this be done? If not - any suggested workarounds?

I also remember (or think I remember ) setting "Save pictures taken to SD-card" in the "Camera" prefs (or was it somewhere else)
    Can anyone give me some guidance with this one? Am I right that this was possible before - or do I remember this wrong?
    Last edited by jorang; 05/04/2005 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Editing Title to make it more clear
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Syncing does not bring them back ot media? There is a setting in Media to tell it to sync or not to sync. Check that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Hello

I also remember (or think I remember ) setting "Save pictures taken to SD-card" in the "Camera" prefs (or was it somewhere else)
    Can anyone give me some guidance with this one? Am I right that this was possible before - or do I remember this wrong?
    Hello

Go to Camera. In the very bottom right there is a drop down menu. In that menu any thing above the first hatched line is RAM, anything below that line is SD.

Switch to Video Camera. again select that menu, and again select SD.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Syncing does not bring them back ot media? There is a setting in Media to tell it to sync or not to sync. Check that.
    Syncing doesn't bring them back. Cant find the setting/ menu option to sync/ not to sync. Can u tell me where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    Hello
    Go to Camera. In the very bottom right there is a drop down menu. In that menu any thing above the first hatched line is RAM, anything below that line is SD.
    Switch to Video Camera. again select that menu, and again select SD.
    Thanks - I knew it was simple, but I missed how. Nice switching from 70 pictures left to 1736 pictures left
    But I cant get it to stick permanently. Seems I have to redo this setting after I switch off the device by pressing red phone/hangup to activate "keyguard". However it seems to stick as long as I am using the Treo
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Hotsync manager under custom
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Hotsync manager under custom
    It was already set to "sync". Problem is that pictures taken after the fw update syncs fine, while pictures taken before updating does not link to Media. Possibly a "Saved prefs" issue, or the database linking picture files to Media has gone.

I'll try to pick up the photos from my backup into Media in Palm Desktop to see if it syncs back....
    (Hope it's the same format)
    JoranG
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Thanks - I knew it was simple, but I missed how. Nice switching from 70 pictures left to 1736 pictures left
    But I cant get it to stick permanently. Seems I have to redo this setting after I switch off the device by pressing red phone/hangup to activate "keyguard". However it seems to stick as long as I am using the Treo
    It should stay as long as you don't remove your SD (or reset). It shouldn't matter if you turn your Treo off or not.

Mine switches from 166 pics to 11,139 pics, or 4mins:2seconds to 4hours:32minutes:46seconds, or on low resolution 33,417pics, or 13+hours.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    OK - I've now tried to "import once more" the pictures from my device who wasn't visible in Media after FW upgrade.
    Haven't found a way to do this on the device, but adding the pictures from Palm Desktop did the trick. When pressing the "add" button in PD I got a list of files "which was there but not visible". I than added the pictures againg - synced - and viola...

I now have all my pictures on the device and on my SD card visible in Media.

Pretty stupid to have to do it this way. Should have been a search or import option in Media on my 650...
    JoranG