1.    #1  
    All,

I want to give special thanks to the best beta test team that I have ever been involved with!

But first I must give credit where credit is due! Fittske this product was born from your original post The jeffgibson and shadowmite "Mother of all Profile apps" Thread! ProfileCare is a direct result of this initial request and because you started it all, I would like to give you the first license key for ProfileCare. Pleae send me your HotSync ID.

Now on to 2 people that have given SO much of their time helping me with this development effort: Xathros and tomvb2000.

Xathros was responsible for part of the initial user interface design and was helping me off-forum on a daily basis with developement research, UI design and testing.

tomvb2000 was responsible for the outstanding documentation! He has developed a document that over delivered on even my wildest expectations!

Together these 2 contributed 125 forum posts to the Beta thread! (Xathros - 65 and tomvb2000 - 60)

Now for the Beta team. ProfileCare had a total of 41 contributors to the public forum and 10 private email participants. I am sure there were countless numbers that were silently participating.

Without the help of this beta team, ProfileCare would NEVER had made it to market. I am also very proud to say that 95% of ProfileCare was driven by this group's requirements!!!

This is a list of the people that participated in the public beta forum (in the order that they made their first post). A bold name means they mand more than 10 posts!

Name
    100thMonkey
    airjoe
    Fittskie
    woof
    treoneo
    rengelman
    dutchtrumpet
    zorro869
    meyerweb
    sbrixey
    vandee2004
    splufdaddy
    paulsjmail
    trhuseby
    cgrey
    jberman
    johnski1969
    bkrodgers
    rouxdoo
    djr
    tanster
    Moroner (57)
    Katahdin
    ccotnoir

awerry
    robertwinter
    climber_rich
    greenwayj
    Stefano Zenni
    jimmydu3
    kugslo
    TheTreoGuy
    KevMiami
    bmahan
    Tazzo
    RossAllen
    JayL
    jacobh
    experiment626

Last edited by jeffgibson; 05/04/2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Jeff-
    You have given all of us great insight into the development of an app. Thanks for allowing of us "regular folks" the opportunity to participate.

Has the stable app been released?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Jeff-
    You have given all of us great insight into the development of an app. Thanks for allowing of us "regular folks" the opportunity to participate.

Has the stable app been released?
    To me there are no "regular folks"! I am one of you too. I really do want to develop applications that fit people's needs. That is why I developed ProfileCare in an open forum. True there is competition out there that might pick up on or copy an idea. That's OK with me. Because at the end of the day, people will associate themselves with people and products they trust and believe in. I hope that ProfileCare will hit the "mark" for many people.

I also hope I ran a forum where people felt they could participate! I tried very hard to run a professional but friendly forum. One where people felt they had direct control over the development process. Ideas and concepts were discussed openly and without any personal attacks. From the participation and quality of feedback I think I succeeded.

I will be releasing the final build here in a couple of hours. I am in the last stages of packaging everything up. I am also waiting on the last document revision from tomvb2000. Believe it or not, he was on a transAtlantic flight for the last 8 hours and is now spending a few very tired hours putting the finishing touches on the documentation!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    WOW! Thanks Jeff! Excellent work!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I have to agree with Tazzo. It's been quite an experience working on SC/PC over the last few months. I'm proud to have been a part of the development process and I have learned quite alot from Jeff during this project.

Thanks for puttin up with me Jeff!

As for the forum - this has been my refuge from the warzone that many of the other TC areas have become. This place just felt like home.

It's been a pleasure working with Jeff, Tom and the many others involved here.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Count me in as well. I'm proud to have contributed to this team effort and a product which is far and away the most comprehensive and useful tool of it's kind. I've really enjoyed working with Jeff and Xathros and everyone else on the thread. It's been a very rewarding experience and trust everyone will benefit from it.

For me, I also need to thank dutchtrumpet. While doing the daily searching for new/cool stuff, he casually mentions in an unrelated thread "that Jeff has something cool going on over here...". Follow the link and there's the profile app I've been looking for for months! The rest is history.