1.    #1  
    Put this in an earlier thread but most probbaly won't check it so here's a "public servcie announcement". An "early" version of SoundRec 1.07 is available on the site which is suppossed to address 650 compatability issues. Well let's just say it's well on its way to doing so. Seems to be a glitch with direct recording to card, but doing it in "2 step fashion" - Record to Memory and then export to card works.

http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx

I find that it can make a recording to the SD card but if you immediately try and play it back, it will change the file name to something arabic looking and then reset the Treo. Once reset the Treo plays it fine...seems you just can't record and playback in same session without getting resets. I tried recording and exiting and got occassional resets anyway.

On the other hand if you record to internal memory and then use SoundRec 1.07c to "Export to Card" it works just fine. It's also a lot louder than it used to be...I have it set to level 2 on record and level 3 on playback @ 22khz.
    The problem with the record to internal memory approach I presume is that you are more limited in how long it will record because you will run out of space much more quickly than recording to the card.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    The problem with the record to internal memory approach I presume is that you are more limited in how long it will record because you will run out of space much more quickly than recording to the card.
    I just recorded a 1 minute file of me singing "Bippity Bobbitty Boo" for a full minute and it took up 2.5 MB as a wav file at 22khz. Seems there oughtta be a way of compressing them to another format. But for me it's a "Bring home milk and bread" thing.