1.    #1  
    upgraded to 1.23. seems generally stable but every so often the browser and other apps give 'out of memory' warnings even though I have over 5mb available. anyone else suffering similar problems?
    Have the same problems with 1.21
    I hope they fix this before the final release!
    I beleive there is a memory leak in 1.2X as every once in awhile I must soft reset the device to regain it speed. every so often it will slow to a damm near dead device and become very very sluggish device until resset.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    knowing the the nvfs block size was changed from 512 bytes to 32 bytes equals 16X the ram(note not NVFS memory) if we have all traded one memory shortage for another...
    are sprint users having any similiar problems with their update to 1.08???
    Treos have several kinds of memory. There is storage memory (think a harddrive) where the NVFS is located. Software cannot be run directly from storage memory. This memory is what gets reported when you do :menu:I from Launcher.

There is other memory that is used when applications are run (think RAM, or what we usually call memory). The application gets copied from storage memory to main memory to be executed (this is exactly what happens on a PC when you run an application stored on the harddrive). One part of this memory, the dynamic heap, is relatively small, so a large web page could cause it to run out before it can fully render. This should have nothing to do with the 512->32 NVFS block size change.

There's at least one extension (UDMH) that can 'trick' the Treo into using storage memory as memory for the dynamic heap (similar to virtual memory on a PC). If you consistently get out of memory errors when loading web pages, take a look.
    UDMH does appear to do the trick for some apps, but not all - e.g. not blazer :-(
    and not for Vindigo
    shrinking the block size in the nvfs(hard drive) will cause more address room in the heap(ram) from the increased size of the allocation table to access it...512 to 32 is 16x the original heap space required...so that small heap is smaller with the update...
    I am still convinced that Firmware v1.15 is more stable and produces better results.
  9.    #9  
    1.15 was stable, but I got another 7mb at 1.21+. problem is, it seems I can't actually use 5mb of it!!!
    I am ready to downgrade to 1.15 and give up the extra memory for system stability. Can someone please give me a pointer to where I can find 1.15 (GSM) code?

I have searched the board for "1.15" and do not see a link for the download.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    The original link for v1.15 was posted here:

http://quadis.gotdns.com/download/Treo650/PALM.zip

....but it seems down now. If you want the file, pm me with your email address and I will send it to you. Make sure your email account can accept a 10mb file before asking.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I am ready to downgrade to 1.15 and give up the extra memory for system stability. Can someone please give me a pointer to where I can find 1.15 (GSM) code?

I have searched the board for "1.15" and do not see a link for the download.
    Are any of these firmware upgrades 'official'? I have a cingular locked 650 and can't find any info from palmone or cingular on their sites. I'm at 1.04 so I'd like to get to something like 1.15 or 1.21, but I don't see any 'official' sites for them. all beta??