Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Just purchased a Treo 650 on eBay and the guy sent it to me with his password still enabled. Now I can't synch without his password. I e-mailed him for it but haven't gotten a response yet and would like to get this set up.

    Can I re-set the phone to wipe out the password, or am I stuck? If so, how?

    Thanks.
    T300 (6 mos.) ---> T600 (14 Mos.) ---> T650 (11 Mos.) ---> 700p
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir2k
    Hi,
    Just purchased a Treo 650 on eBay and the guy sent it to me with his password still enabled. Now I can't synch without his password. I e-mailed him for it but haven't gotten a response yet and would like to get this set up.

    Can I re-set the phone to wipe out the password, or am I stuck? If so, how?

    Thanks.
    Or I could just read the dang manual...never mind.
    T300 (6 mos.) ---> T600 (14 Mos.) ---> T650 (11 Mos.) ---> 700p
  3. #3  
    Hard reset will fix it.
  4. #4  
    Which makes the password pretty much useless since any fool that gets access to your phone and hard reset it - clearing out the password that you expected to provide you some protection
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    Which makes the password pretty much useless since any fool that gets access to your phone and hard reset it - clearing out the password that you expected to provide you some protection
    Ummm.
    It clears the password becuase it clears ALL data.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Ummm.
    It clears the password becuase it clears ALL data.
    How much more protection do you need???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir2k
    Or I could just read the dang manual...never mind.
    wow. finally someone gets it.
  8. #8  
    I'm in a similar situation.

    Would I be able to save copies of the stuff onto a SD card, (mostly all the phone numbers I entered in) and then do the hard reset?

    Thanks.

    Matthew
  9. #9  
    Just use this free utility which removes the password without having to delete your data.
  10. #10  
    or you could just use the "lost password" option in the security app. it will erase any protected data but you won't lose the unprotected ones.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    How much more protection do you need???
    well I for one would like to protection that would make the phone useless with the password (firmware anyone?)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefile View Post
    well I for one would like to protection that would make the phone useless with the password (firmware anyone?)
    Ummm...maybe I'm missing something here, but if the phone is useless with the password, and (obviously) useless without the password, why do you have a phone at all?
  13. #13  
    I only had one or two things as personal, so I changed the categories to "unfiled" and used the "lost password" utility rather than the application during an interminable wait at a doctor's office last week. Everything works fine now, and my data's backed up!

    Thank you VERY much for your help!

    Sincerely,

    Matthew

Posting Permissions