1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 using Sprint, 1.08 ROM. If I try to use PDAnet without first shutting down Chatter, the phone locks up when PDAnet tries to drop the active connection. Chatter fights to keep the connection alive, which ends up making me reset the phone to regain control.

Anyone else experience this? Shutting down Chatter before using PDAnet fixes the issue, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do this manually.
    I don't know of any way around this; sorry.

Marc
    I'm a new user to Chatter still in a trial period (and plan to buy it!!) and use PDAnet.

I found I have to shutdown Chatter before signing on to PDANet or it will fight with that connection. Not a big nuisance for me now as all the mail comes in once I reconnect- good to take a break from that once in a while anyway!
    On the 650 it won't let you use Bluetooth DUN without first shutting down any other active GRPS connections, so I'm guessing it's the same with PDAnet.
    I had the same issue and it drove me crazy untill I figured it out. I only have I
    one (1) retry in the Chatter Prefs section.

Marc, Is there a way to let zero (0) be a vild choice? I want to say I tried to enter "0" and Chatter would not take it, it had to be "1" or higher.

Is there a way to have Chatter sence that PDA is in use and not try to reconnect? I know some app have a "ignore while in X app" feature that you can use.

Thanks, Matt

Its not that bad once you know that Chatter is casuing it. HEH.. How about contacting PDAnet and see if they can get Chatter to register as a helper app or something to that extent were if you lanch PDAnet, it shuts down Chatter and then when you kill PDAnet, it reactivates it? Just a thought... A sleep command? as I said, just thinking outloud here.

Marc, I thought I saw a slight battery drain while using Chatter, with the current version, I seem to have the old battery life back. Perhaps it was in my head, another app or I have Chatter configured different now, but I seem to get more battery life likeI use to.Was there ever an issue with Chatter increasing battery useage (besides havinf it poll the email all the time and that casue it due to the radio use).
    Thanks,matt
    Chatter will usually cause some increased usage, especially if used "online". I'm not sure there are any recent changes that would affect it.

As far as whether PDAnet goes, I'd have to look into it. I'm not sure I can tell that it's running.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Chatter will usually cause some increased usage, especially if used "online". I'm not sure there are any recent changes that would affect it.

As far as whether PDAnet goes, I'd have to look into it. I'm not sure I can tell that it's running.

Marc
    Marc,
    Let us know what you find about PDAnet and Chatter.
    Also, to make sure my post was clear, I have great battery life with the CURRENT build. It was the older ones that MAY have had an issue, if not some other app intirely.
    Thanks again! Matt