1.    #1  
    I am using keycaps (i loaded version 650, but it says 600 in my program list) and now my quickkeys don't work for my phone contacts that i put it. Does anyone have any advice on how to get them to work again? thanks
    You have to set the keycaps to disable in phone app.
  3.    #3  
    actually it still isn't working, i thought that would fix it, do i have to do a soft reset after i uncheck it?
    Last edited by mmdieter; 05/04/2005 at 01:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmdieter
    perfect, thanks
    No problem! its a little buggy though. You have to actually "go" to the phone app for it to disable, meaning that if you are in a different app and the phone rings, you answer and remain in the phone app after the call, keycaps will still be enabled
  5.    #5  
    yea, it seems the only way i can get my quickkeys to work is if i completely disable keycaps.
  6.    #6  
    well i kinda fixed it by only using the
    click L->O->U and leaving the
    hold at lower:eeeee
    guess i won't use caps as often anymore (oh well!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmdieter
    well i kinda fixed it by only using the
    click L->O->U and leaving the
    hold at lower:eeeee
    guess i won't use caps as often anymore (oh well!!!)
    Thats what I did as well
    These settings work well for me:

Enabled box highlighted

Enabled on Reset checked

Disable in Phone App checked

Click Lower: e

Timeout 100ms

Hold L->U->O:e->E->1

Delay 150ms

With the above settings, this means for example the "e" button will change to the following characters depending on how long you hold down the button:

Press quickly and you get "e"
    Press and hold for a moment longer and you get "E"
    Press and hold for a couple moments even longer and you get "1"

Or another example for the letter "j"
    Depending on how long you hold down the button, you will get: "j" or "J" or "!"

This convenient application means you don't have to constantly press the stupid function key first before the character in order to capitalize a letter, or to get a number. Veeeeeery useful and saves time as everything is faster to input data.

Sometimes, I will experiment by changing the delay from 150ms to maybe something slightly longer, such as 170ms. At 170ms, this means you will need to press and hold slightly longer in order for the character to make the next change.

Hope this helps. -Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    No problem! its a little buggy though. You have to actually "go" to the phone app for it to disable, meaning that if you are in a different app and the phone rings, you answer and remain in the phone app after the call, keycaps will still be enabled
    As SXTG said. After you place a call, keycaps automatically reinitiates itself. As long as you remain in the actual phone app, it will remain activated. If you press either of the hard buttons, and then return back to the phone app, keycaps will again be disabled. This was not intended to be a bug. This particular code was included in the app, due to the simple fact, that many of us have the habit of multitasking, and performing other actions while on a phone call. Whether typing a memo, or drafting an e-mail. If the Treo continues to recognize the "phone" feature active, then keycaps would cease to function at all as long as the "disable in phone app" box was checked. Just my 2cents. So clicking a hard button before activating a phone call, may seem cumbersome, but the benefits far outway the drawbacks. Why do you think the developer hasnt addressed this issue yet?
    I understand the Hold option a lower case -> upper case and option/symbol

What does the click option do?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Found the answer to my own question in the Keycaps600 docs

o The (Double) Click pulldown allows you to set the action for when a
    key is doubleclicked. The Timeout is how long to wait for a double
    click.

o The Hold Down pulldown allows you to set the action for when a key
    is held down. The Delay is how long before holding down a key will
    cause an auto-repeat (and thus perform the action).
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)