1.    #1  
    These are problems, or maybe they're not problems and I need to live with them. But here are the latest that are bugging me about my new 650:

1). When using the OEM dialer (because TakePhone is even more difficult to navigate and clunky than the app it's supposed to replace), and I go to the call log, why do I have to push UP before I can navigate DOWN the list?

2). I turned my sound down going into a theater tonight - and got the ringer anyway. Is this because of Ringo? Is there something that does what Ringo does for free, and works better?

3). Versamail can send and receive (download and delete messages from server) but when I try to send an email, it says SMTP server not responding. That's three or four out of five times. If I keep trying, it works. Argh!

4). What's up with the 3-5 second wait when dialing a number? White screen for a few seconds, then... Finally, it dials. That's calling from contact list OR the call log.

5). Is there any reason why I can't dial the last number by pressing the phone button like I can with a 'regular' cell phone?

6). In Agendus Pro, if I hit the calendar button to bring up a concise contacts list (one that only uses one line per contact)... There's no easy one-hand solution for selecting an entry. It seems like you HAVE to tap the screen to select a contact from the list.

...If anyone has ANY actual workarounds for any of these, I'd be quite grateful!
    GEEKTOPIC - The Geek Forum. <--Free Hentai Image Forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelator
    These are problems, or maybe they're not problems and I need to live with them. But here are the latest that are bugging me about my new 650:

1). When using the OEM dialer (because TakePhone is even more difficult to navigate and clunky than the app it's supposed to replace), and I go to the call log, why do I have to push UP before I can navigate DOWN the list?

2). I turned my sound down going into a theater tonight - and got the ringer anyway. Is this because of Ringo? Is there something that does what Ringo does for free, and works better?

3). Versamail can send and receive (download and delete messages from server) but when I try to send an email, it says SMTP server not responding. That's three or four out of five times. If I keep trying, it works. Argh!

4). What's up with the 3-5 second wait when dialing a number? White screen for a few seconds, then... Finally, it dials. That's calling from contact list OR the call log.

5). Is there any reason why I can't dial the last number by pressing the phone button like I can with a 'regular' cell phone?

6). In Agendus Pro, if I hit the calendar button to bring up a concise contacts list (one that only uses one line per contact)... There's no easy one-hand solution for selecting an entry. It seems like you HAVE to tap the screen to select a contact from the list.

...If anyone has ANY actual workarounds for any of these, I'd be quite grateful!
    1. I prefer this. I often check my call log and then I just push phone to go back. Otherwise I would have to navigate to cancel to get back to the phone screen.

2. Did you push the side button to confirm the volume change? I usually just slide the mute switch when I want a silent treo.

3. I have three different mail accounts and all of them act differently. One of them is stubborn like yours. I think its more to do with your provider.

4. Too much debate on this for me to want to comment.

5. You can. Actually you can dial the last 10 numbers. When in the phone app, push the phone button and the last 10 dialed popup appears use the rocker to navigate to the one you want to dial and press the phone button.

6. Don't use Agendus sorry.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    - In Contact view - press "5way up" (to bring cursor up from the toolbar).
    - Then press "Select" (5way centre button) to highlight a contact.

If you press "5way right" now it will bring up the search feature (as some of us know from other OS5 devices like the Tungsten line. Possibly also the Treo - donn't know as I have never used the build in PIM's)).
    Pressing up and down on your "5way" makes it possible to select a character for the first position - pressing right takes you to the next position...

Hope this was an answer to your question
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys, I'd say you addressed pretty much everything. After posting this, I did find out how to 'unlock' my phone button as that was what was keeping it from working right.

I still wish the contacts listing for dialing was more concise, but it's not a huge problem.
    GEEKTOPIC - The Geek Forum. <--Free Hentai Image Forum!