Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The best gets better!

Palm's Post of Voice Signals Update for Voice Dialing

Current version: Voice Dial v. 1.1.01. Released: 05/03/2005
    Improved recognition with large Contact lists
    Improved audio playback quality
    Reduced RAM requirements (execution space)
    Recognition for new Contacts is now a background task

Usage with headsets

Hands-free headset (wired)
    If you're using Treo Voice Dialing with the hands-free headset included with your Treo smartphone, or a third-party wired hands-free headset, keep these pointers in mind:

When you press the button on the headset, Treo Voice Dialing activates. You can immediately say names or numbers to dial.
    Once the call connects, Treo Voice Dialing is de-activated.
    During an active call, you can use the headset button as you would normally for disconnecting or switching between calls. Treo Voice Dial is turned off during active calls.
    During an active call, you cannot dial numbers or additional people using Treo Voice Dialing. Instead, use the keypad, Speed Dial, or Contacts to dial additional numbers. Use the keypad to enter numeric characters in an automated system.
    Bluetooth headset (wireless)
    Treo Voice Dialing is not compatible with Bluetooth headsets. When you press the button on a Bluetooth headset, Treo Voice Dialing is not activated. Use the Bluetooth headset normally, as if Treo Voice Dialing were not installed.
    Bluetooth headset (wireless)
    Treo Voice Dialing is not compatible with Bluetooth headsets. When you press the button on a Bluetooth headset, Treo Voice Dialing is not activated. Use the Bluetooth headset normally, as if Treo Voice Dialing were not installed.

I just don't understand why they would do this? Isn't the idea of Bluetooth headsets that you DON'T have to have the phone at hand?
    Yeesh. My last three phones had this kind of functionality built in at no extra cost...
    GEEKTOPIC - The Geek Forum. <--Free Hentai Image Forum!
    Still only works with 3,000 contacts. That's pitiful....
    3,000?! That's a lot. Too many. EEK!

Tom (I have like 30?)
    I thought I read in another thread where someone was able to initiate Voice Dialing with a Bluetooth headset.

I have a SE HBH-65 and when I press the button on the headset, my 650 powers on and the keyguard is bypassed. This tells me that it could work to initiate voice dialing but that something is missing.
    Thanks for the heads up on the update... man you were quick on the draw on that one...

Unfortunately, another disappointment... I'd love to say I'm surprised but alas..

Did you see the part that says "free trial for 14 days and then you have to PAY FOR IT?" LOLOL

I think I'll try to find that save the treo or fix the treo petition now... what's the web address for that?
    Hey, what about the Jabra A-210... does it work with that? (it is BT, but it plugs in to the 2.5mm adapter)

Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    Hey, what about the Jabra A-210... does it work with that? (it is BT, but it plugs in to the 2.5mm adapter)

Anyone?
    Yes I currently use it.
    I'd like to try the new version but the old version has expired on my phone. Is there any way to try the new version before buying?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Had to delete all VoiceDial off the phone before installing the new version for the update to get installed properly.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    What exactly does this mean: Reduced RAM requirements (execution space)

The .prc is smaller in this version, but when I install it the file is still uses 1MB of memory. Am I missing something or just forgetting how much larger the first version was once installed? I did verify that I am running the newest version and I deleted the old before installing the new.

My phone info shows the new file to be 657K on my SD card (versus 1056K for the old one), but 1089K once installed and operational on my phone. What gives or am I just misunderstanding what "execution space" means?
    Execution space.
    Some apps will not function if there is not "X" amount of ram while in use.
    Now the app will function with a smaller amount of resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Execution space.
    Some apps will not function if there is not "X" amount of ram while in use.
    Now the app will function with a smaller amount of resources.
    Cool, thanks for the explaination.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars

Tom (I have like 30?)

I'm with you! I can't imagine carrying around that many phone numbers, or even knowing that many people. I have a hard time remembering my brother's names.
    If poster #1 has like "30 contacts"
    and
    Poster #2 has trouble remembering his brother's name, let alone over 3000 contacts, what the heck are you guys doing with a Treo?!? An old Nokia will hold 30 contacts!
    On a more serious note, will the upgrade cost for those of us who already purchased Voice Dial? I ask because I purchased DIRECTLY through the software on the Treo itself. The program then became "registered". No code was ever given.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    If poster #1 has like "30 contacts"
    and
    Poster #2 has trouble remembering his brother's name, let alone over 3000 contacts, what the heck are you guys doing with a Treo?!? An old Nokia will hold 30 contacts!
    On a more serious note, will the upgrade cost for those of us who already purchased Voice Dial? I ask because I purchased DIRECTLY through the software on the Treo itself. The program then became "registered". No code was ever given.
    You don't have a code in the "about" screen? I'll bet you do and it just put it in for you.
    I wish my life were that simple <Laughing> I've got like 5,550+ and counting.... I've been using a Palm since about '97 so I've always just collected lots of info...(Being in Real Estate probably adds to the mix)

Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars

Tom (I have like 30?)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    I ask because I purchased DIRECTLY through the software on the Treo itself. The program then became "registered". No code was ever given.
    Didn't you get a purchase receipt or authorization via e-mail. I also signed up via the Treo and got th following e-mail:

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM AN UNATTENDED MAILBOX - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Thank you for your order! Save this email for your records, as it contains important purchase information. If you need assistance, please see below.
    *************************************he

DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE PURCHASE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    PRODUCT: ****** - Treo Voice Dialing
    QUANTITY: 1
    PRICE: $19.99

PRODUCT SUPPORT: palmone@palmone.com

Registration Key: *****
    Registration Note: Once you have downloaded and installed your software, use the registration key above to unlock the full version of the software.

NOTE: Check for an important note from the developer of Treo Voice Dialing below this section.

DEVELOPER MESSAGE

Developer of Treo Voice Dialing:
    Thank you for your purchase. If you have your Treo 650 repaired or replaced and need a new registration key to unlock the Voice Dial application, simply email: treovoicedial@handango.com with the reference number included in this message. At no cost to you, you will then be eligible to reregister the application.
    -------------------------------------

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

When contacting Handango Customer Support regarding this order, always use this Reference Number: *******

To download your software again, use your Reference Number in the subject line of this email and email address you used to complete your order at http://software.palmone.com/MyLogin....version=010022

Main Help: http://www.handango.com/CustomerSupport.jsp?siteId=1

Returns/Refunds: http://software.palmone.com/ReturnPo...*******=010022

Handango Customer Support: http://software.palmone.com/Customer...******n=010022

Handango Customer Support Fax Line: 817-548-2182
    International Customer Fax Line: +1-817-548-2182

BILLING INFORMATION
    Purchase Subtotal: $19.99
    Total: $19.99

Billed to: N/A N/A

, US
    Phone:
    Email: **********************

Thanks again for your order!

Handango
    Are you able to use this?

Unless I'm doing something realy silly, the program starts, but there is no commands visible at the bottom of the screen, and I can't voice dial any of my contacts.

Help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast