1.    #1  
    I travel several hours a day and keep my T650 charging in the cradle while driving. I hate the fact that it always turns off after 30 sec or so. Does anyone know of a utility to keep the screen on while charging? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I think if you search a bit, you can find info on a program called OnCradleOn....I use this on my 600, would think it would work on a 650 as well.... anyone?
    Works for me on my 650
    I have 3 applications that will do this for you. ProfileCare, ScreenCare and CradleCare. ScreenCare sounds like it would be the most interesting for you since it also functions as a screen saver during the time it keeps the screen turned on.

All can be found in my developer's area here at TC.

Jeff
    I wonder if keeping the screen on for a couple of hours is a good idea. It's something that PalmOne may have not stress tested and may damage your screen.

- Sid
    Unlocked 650
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    I wonder if keeping the screen on for a couple of hours is a good idea. It's something that PalmOne may have not stress tested and may damage your screen.

- Sid
    I have seen no evidence of this hurting the screen but there are some documented cases of temporary and possible perminant damage due to static images. That is one reason I developed ScreenCare to avoid even the remote possibility of this happening. It is a common belief that LCD screens do not suffer from screen burn. Here is a link to one article talking about the topic.

http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_...reen-burn.html

Jeff