1.    #1  
    I took a look at the Rhino skin case for the 600/650 at CompUSA. It is a snug fit, and seems like a good case. My concern is that the hole on the left side of the case doesnt seem long enough to clear the side key on the 650. It appeared to me that when I slid the 650 into the case, the side key was depressed and stayed depressed (no Prozac jokes, please).

I saw a thread talking about carrying the 650 in your pocket, and people mentioned the Rhino. Anyone have any experience/comment about this?
    I tried the Rhinoskin 600 case from CompUSA, but I returned it when I found that the hotsync cable wouldn't fit without either modifying the case or removing the Treo from it.

It would be nice if the slackers at Rhinoskin would actually make a 650 version instead of trying to BS us that the 600 case will work.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3.    #3  
    I hadn't thought about the HS port, but it clearly doesn't match either. Have you found anything to replace it, Jetkins?
    No, I'm persevering with the PalmOne soft case for now.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I bought the Rhino case because it looked much better than what the cingular rep tried to sell me -- a case that looked like a hardcover book. I have no problems with it and it actually prevented any damages I would have made after I dropped my brand new treo 650 earlier this evening -- fell down from my 4x4 driver seat. I'm so glad I bought it instead of a thin skin.

Ben
    i have the rhino skin case as well for my 650. it does not have any problems with the side button other than not being able to press it while it's in the case. the only other problem is the door hinge is kind of flimsy. other than that, the case is pretty solid. i use a blue tooth headset (jabra 250), and sync over bluetooth as well, so i never have to worry about wires other than charging it. it's taken some pretty rough drops without any damage to the treo.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    If you guys are referring to the 600 version of the Rhino Skin hard aluminum case, all you need to do is take a rat tail file to the side opening and elongate the hole some more. You can do the same thing with the hole of the bottom for the hotsync cable.
    The 600 version is the one that has a solid door on the front, NO window. Just a note for anyone considering this case. I have had bluetooth interference when the door is closed. 2 different headsets have had interference/static when the door of the case was closed.

CompUSA DOES also carry a 650 version as well. It looks to be (and others have commented about it too) an InnoPocket case with the Rhino name on it. I have not actually tried this case, because I'm waiting for the Inno magnesium case, but all the holes should fit the 650 just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyC
    CompUSA DOES also carry a 650 version as well. It looks to be (and others have commented about it too) an InnoPocket case with the Rhino name on it. I have not actually tried this case, because I'm waiting for the Inno magnesium case, but all the holes should fit the 650 just fine.
    I keep checking the shelves at my local CompUSAs, but they continue to have only their prodigious stocks of Rhino 600 cases. I wish they would get the 650 cases in, but I fear that their buyer may be gunshy since they still have over a dozen 600 cases gathering dust.
    You could just order one online. Rhino has them listed, not to mention, they are actually a modified Innopocket anyway. I know.... I prefer to buy things locally too, when I have any possibility of wanting to return it.

2 different CompUSA stores here in NY have the 650 version and have had for about 2 months, which was exactly 4 days after I bought my 600 style case and 2 days after I modified all the holes to fit my 650!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have the rhino-skin case for the Treo 650 and am very pleased with it. No problems using it with my Treo 650 Bluetooth headset.

I don't have a need to swap batteries, but if I did, it would be very inconvenient to have to remove the case to do so. I've removed the case only once in the two weeks I've had it.

I can't use my palmOne cradle kit to charge the battery in the Treo 650, so I'm using the charger and sync cables that came with the Treo. Not quite as convenient, but serviceable for charging and USB-synching once a day. There is no Bluetooth interference when doing quick wireless calendar syncs during the day.