Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I recently downloaded the trial version of 1.0.5. One direct issue and one annoyance:

1. Unfortunately, the two e-mail accounts I need to access are POP3. One is on Earthlink, the other on Cox. I have no problem with the Earthlink mailbox being offline and sync'ed every 30 minutes. With the Cox e-mail account, I have the same setup as Eathlink (except the SMTP server needs PLAIN authentication), but most of the time, when I delete messages in Chatter on the Cox account, they never get deleted on the next sync. Any known issues with this? Sometimes, the display indicates that this account is online rather than showing me the next sync time (which can't be true for POP3 if I understand this all correctly).

2. When I turn off the phone (radio), I get an error message indicating that the SIM card is damaged (which it isn't). I didn't have this "problem" before installing Chatter.

Any help would be appreciated.
    You should get 1.0.5.1, if you're not running it (it's the current stable release). I don't know about any specific issues related to POP3 deletion. When you say it indicates "online", I'm not sure what you mean - can you explain it some more? And can you make me a log that demonstrates the deletion problem? (Instructions in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com).

#2 sounds like an old problem - I haven't heard it reported for a while. Can you confirm your version number?

Marc
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    It's version 1.0.5[80:28]. "Online" means that it's showing the little blue envelope in the bottom right corner of the display and in the mailbox drop-down, and it doesn't go away. Strangely enough, since I posted, this hasn't happened. Must be a ghost.

I'll grab up 1.0..5.1 and see what happens. I'll get you a log if the problem #1 persists. We'll see on #2....
    #2 happens to me whenever I turn the radio off, but I have always just ignored it. It doesn't seem to impact anything.
    In regards to #2, I always turn off chatter before I turn off the phone radio. When I do that I never see the prompt about the SIM card.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    #2 happens to me whenever I turn the radio off, but I have always just ignored it. It doesn't seem to impact anything.
    Me too. 1.0.5.1b4.
    I used the OTA installer (Packege Installer I think is the real name) and it workd awesome.
    The last beta worked with no issues, the current beta I am using (1.0.5.2b 19[84:38]) is not seeing my SMS prompts. Before, if an SMS matched the SMS text in the accounts "Delivery" tab, the SMS would be transparnet to me, and the psuedo push works like a champ. However, with this version (or I have done something wrong, probably the later of the two), I get the SMS like normal and have to fetch the email my self. Also, my other POP account is going to the server (so it says) but not getting the new emails.
    I tried to use the "reload" command via the console in both accounts.
    Any ideas?

Edit: The relaod seemed to fix the one account that was not fetching the new emails, howeve, i still have the SMS psuedo Push problem with my other POP3 (Sprint PCS).

THANKS MARC!!
    regards, matt
    Burkhardi - There aren't any changes in the SMS code. Can you tell me if a reset helps? (Maybe after the upgrade, it doesn't reset itself??)

Marc
    what version of chatter should I download for the verizon treo 650 the beta version or the stable verision?
    Quote Originally Posted by hlevin
    2. When I turn off the phone (radio), I get an error message indicating that the SIM card is damaged (which it isn't). I didn't have this "problem" before installing Chatter.
    I have the latest version 1.0.5.1 and it does the same thing to me. It always happens when the phone is turned off while it is "Connecting ..." on a scheduled sync. Hope that this annoying bug is fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    I have the latest version 1.0.5.1 and it does the same thing to me. It always happens when the phone is turned off while it is "Connecting ..." on a scheduled sync. Hope that this annoying bug is fixed soon.
    Correction. It happens everytime the phone is turned off on both 1.0.5.1 and 1.0.5.2b25. I have all mailbox offline with Qsync every 10 minutes.
  12. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    In regards to #2, I always turn off chatter before I turn off the phone radio. When I do that I never see the prompt about the SIM card.
    Interesting... I thought it was something in my replacement Treo, I guess it was the latest beta of Chatter that was doing it. I tried what you said, and I don't get that error message either. But as RandyGOP said, I ignore it, it doesn't impact anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Burkhardi - There aren't any changes in the SMS code. Can you tell me if a reset helps? (Maybe after the upgrade, it doesn't reset itself??)

Marc
    YEs a reset did help. I do that after every OTA now.
    THX (sorry for the very late reply)
    Marc, I am running build [29] and when I try to send .3G2 videos (the native video type with the Treo Camera), the attachemnt is never seen by Chatter. For example, if I attach a video and sent it to myself and my house, my house gets the video, but the treo doesn't. The treo will say "load more" and it doenloads it off the server, but never shows the attachment.
    I tried a reset, and even reloaded all the mailboxes too.
    Like I said, Chatter does download the attachment per se (I can see the % deal go from 0-100), but never shows the video attachemtn. I tried the same with Snapper and Veramail and it was fine.

Any ideas, THanks matt
    So what exactly doesn't happen? When the load is done, does it offer opening the attachment? Is this POP3 or IMAP?

Marc
    So what exactly doesn't happen? When the load is done, does it offer opening the attachment? Is this POP3 or IMAP?

Marc
    You know me Marc, it's POP3 baby
    No offering at all. Like I said, I can see the % deal on the bottom right go from 0 to 100% and the bigger the file the longer it takes, but it;s never offered as an attachement. Yet, if I CC a copy to my home addy (via Chatter), it's there for me to open.
    Can you send me one of these videos, please? (Unless it's obscene)

Marc
    Can you send me one of these videos, please? (Unless it's obscene)

Marc
    Unless you think that my dog Jebus chasing his floor mat around is obscene, it's on the way.... (you got mail.. )