1.    #1  
    Does the Pro version of PalmReader open ebooks that reside on an SD card? The regular version does not.

Also, which DOC or other ebook readers support opening files direct from SD card?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Does the Pro version of PalmReader open ebooks that reside on an SD card? The regular version does not.

Also, which DOC or other ebook readers support opening files direct from SD card?
    Yes the pro reader does. I am suprised to hear that the reg does not. Perhaps thats why when you buy some books it tells you that you must have Pro version. They are probably the larger books that wont fit on the main mem.
  3.    #3  
    Cool, thanks.

If there is a way for the regular version to do it, I don't see how. Anyone able to?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I have the eReader Pro and TiBR Pro. Both can read from SD.
    Only complaint I have with TiBR Pro is that it overrides the Keyshades setting that I have. So I have to turn off they keyboard light everytime I use TiBR.
    I've always stored my eBooks on the SD card with the basic version of eReader (formerly PalmReader). There's surely a way to move them directly from PC to SD card, but I found that the following works, so it's what I've always done: Sync the eBook to your Treo normally, which puts it in internal memory. Then open eReader and use the "Copy" menu command to copy it to the SD card. At this point you'll have two copies of it, one in internal memory and one on the SD card. Now use the "Delete" menu command to delete the one in internal memory (the one without the little Card icon).

Like I said, there's probably a better way.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    when you install your books copy them to the lower part of the palm install tool 'install on sd card'
    ereader, pro haven't tried standard, works well installed this way as well
    Move the ereader to the sd card then store your e books on the card. It will then open the books. You will have some files left in internal memory that you can delete after you have read the book.
    The problem with using ereader from the SD card is it won't rememeber where you were last reading. It goes back to a bookmark or the start.
    I have been using eReader for at least 7 or 8 months now and I have no problems at all putting my books on the SD card. I sync directly to the SD card from the Install tool. Then I simply open the book from within eReader. In addition, I have not problem with it not remembering where I left off in the book. I tend to have at least two books going at any one time and neither gets lost after I leave eReader or switch between them and I do not use bookmarks. BTW, I am using the standard version.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    The problem with using ereader from the SD card is it won't rememeber where you were last reading. It goes back to a bookmark or the start.
    Correct the app works better in ram, and the books are better on the SD card.
    You can also just manually copy the books to the SD card -- they go under PALM\BOOKS and eReader will automatically pick them up.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    isilo. get it at www.isilo.com
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    for me ereader remembers bookmarks when it is on the SD BUT only if I install it on the SD, if I move it with powerun it doesn't remember..
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    for me ereader remembers bookmarks when it is on the SD BUT only if I install it on the SD, if I move it with powerun it doesn't remember..
    Yeah I remember that now. But then you have to go to the card section to launch the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    I'm using the free version of eReader and it always remembers the last place I was reading even though the books are on the SD card. EDIT: eReader itself can be on the card and it will remember the place you left off as well, whether or not the books were in RAM. This was true for me when using ZLauncher to move the app.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I read somewhere that it automatically looks in a /PALM/Books folder for books, so that's where I keep all my books and the auto-remember thing has never been a problem.
    Last edited by ninodelsol; 05/06/2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: added RAM/SD card experience for app
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yeah I remember that now. But then you have to go to the card section to launch the app.
    ya, I put it in ram because that bugged me...