Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Don't know how reliable this is, but...

    http://lifedistilled.com/?p=31
  2. #2  
    Some dude's blog and some "Joe Schmoe" T-Mo rep ARE two very unreliable sources. Combine the two with an unreliable reader/poster like yourself and we get a tasty recipe for rumors & pandemonium. In fact, the blogger is so unreliable he contradicts himself. Reread the first paragraph carefully.
    .
  3. #3  
    I've found that 90% of the employees at the providers stores don't know anything. About cell phones or not. One lady(even though she knew a little) was almost certain the 650 had wifi. I had to tell her like 3 times no and that I had one I would know. She was so confident I almost doubted myself and hoped maybe she magically put wifi on my phone with her over confidence...
  4.    #4  
    juice- in my experience I'd agree with you... I'm just a tmo customer sick and tried of waitng for some decent screen res
  5. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I've found that 90% of the employees at the providers stores don't know anything. About cell phones or not. One lady(even though she knew a little) was almost certain the 650 had wifi. I had to tell her like 3 times no and that I had one I would know. She was so confident I almost doubted myself and hoped maybe she magically put wifi on my phone with her over confidence...
    I guess if you say it enough times people start to believe you, huh? Hey, you should have tried to bet her some free phone accessories or something

    I have the unlocked GSM phone with Tmobile service. I figure while I'm paying a bit more, I got it months before Tmobile will have it and can move to another carrier if I want to, plus no contract extensions. Seems worth the additional price, especially since I'm probably not going to get a huge amount off since I'm a current customer...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  6. Quake97's Avatar
    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    #6  
    I'd be surprised if T-Mobile didn't offer the 650. They are missing out on some easy money.

    Joe
  7. #7  
    Actually I hope they don't offer it. That just makes my unlocked GSM that much more valuable...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    I'd be surprised if T-Mobile didn't offer the 650. They are missing out on some easy money.

    Joe
    I am not surprised that TMO hasnt offered the 650 just yet. Their physical supply in 600's are still relatively high. The Treo's are not TMobiles bread and butter phones....sidekick II are.
    You never lived until you almost died!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Some dude's blog and some "Joe Schmoe" T-Mo rep ARE two very unreliable sources. Combine the two with an unreliable reader/poster like yourself and we get a tasty recipe for rumors & pandemonium. In fact, the blogger is so unreliable he contradicts himself. Reread the first paragraph carefully.
    Not arguing your point, just curious because I feel stupid. I reread the first paragraph. Where was the contradiction? I could see the stupidity everywhere, but not the contradiction.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  10. #10  
    the word "next" used to be the word "new"

    which was a contradiction because the Treo 650 is still the "new" Treo
  11. #11  
    Heard the same story from a Verizon rep three months ago...not going to carry the 650 but the next generation instead.

    The rest, as they say, is history
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    I am not surprised that TMO hasnt offered the 650 just yet. Their physical supply in 600's are still relatively high. The Treo's are not TMobiles bread and butter phones....sidekick II are.
    True...but given that T-Mobile is building out EDGE, one would expect them to need EDGE-capable devices whenever they launch it, and the 650 is one of the few out there right now. (The SKII isn't...and with the rocky relationship T-Mobile has been having with Danger because of the Paris Hilton situation, outages, etc., I wonder if an EDGE-capable Sidekick/Hiptop will ever be made.)

    -SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
  13. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by roamer1
    True...but given that T-Mobile is building out EDGE, one would expect them to need EDGE-capable devices whenever they launch it, and the 650 is one of the few out there right now. (The SKII isn't...and with the rocky relationship T-Mobile has been having with Danger because of the Paris Hilton situation, outages, etc., I wonder if an EDGE-capable Sidekick/Hiptop will ever be made.)

    -SC
    Can you provide a link that shows T-Mobile is building out EDGE? I've heard it rumored for a long time but don't find much concrete evidence.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  14. lilkarl71's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #14  
    For all you Tmoblie customers out there!!! Good News T-Mobile will be releasing a TREO 650!!!!! It will be called the Treo 650M, it is considered to be better than the Treo's out now because it will run on a Windows platform instead of Palm's OS. And when Windows is involved you know its good!!! To start how about it will come with WIFI!! Great right the current treo's dont and probably will have to use an additional WIFI card from Treo. This is all the news I have for now and as soon as I find more info I will post it. But rest assured TMobile will Release a TREO (650M).
  15. #15  
    That's the silliest thing I ever read. Even if there were a grain of truth to that, it couldn't be called a Treo without Palm's cooperation, and they are hardly likely to produce a Windows product! Please! Maybe you're thinking of the new Microsoft smart phone, with complete world phone coverage, wifi, DVD, and fax capability...on the Palm OS.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lilkarl71
    For all you Tmoblie customers out there!!! Good News T-Mobile will be releasing a TREO 650!!!!! It will be called the Treo 650M, it is considered to be better than the Treo's out now because it will run on a Windows platform instead of Palm's OS. And when Windows is involved you know its good!!! To start how about it will come with WIFI!! Great right the current treo's dont and probably will have to use an additional WIFI card from Treo. This is all the news I have for now and as soon as I find more info I will post it. But rest assured TMobile will Release a TREO (650M).
    The only thing that truly IS being released is a plethora of donkey poo from you. And If you really believe in any of your own story then I have a really nice bridge for sale; cheap.
    .
  17. #17  
    i just spoke with a tmo representative and they said they are coming out with the treo 650 but don't know the launch date as of now
  18. #18  
    I already have one and I am with TMo so I don't care one way or the other really. Oh Blidduh!
  19. #19  
    Here in NYC a rep in a T-Mobile retail store said they were told the 650's were about to be released but at the last second things were delayed. No reason given, but he thought it involved a firmware tweek that went awry. Only speculation of course, but there it is.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    Here in NYC a rep in a T-Mobile retail store said they were told the 650's were about to be released but at the last second things were delayed. No reason given, but he thought it involved a firmware tweek that went awry. Only speculation of course, but there it is.
    So how do you like the T Mobile in NYC? I was really surprised today walking around and finding that it was either equal to or better than Cingular wherever I went which was midtown, Upper East, and Lower East Sides. I had thought that Cingular had slightly better coverage, but not by my experience today. The test will be whenI go to my cottage on the Connecticut shore this weekend. Then I'll choose.

Posting Permissions