Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read a number of reviews and posts on the issue of combined phone and music headphone set ups to get the most out of the treo. But all seem to be filled with reservations of one type or another. So...if you were me and were going to buy a heatset that would combine both capabilities which would you pick?

Combined Palmone headset
    Combination Seido headset
    Seido combination plug jack and buy a seperate headset
    other options?

Thanks

Skigs
    Another heaset that I tried was the one for Ericsson P910i.
    But the answer/end button doesn't work and the sound was a bit tinny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i'm pretty interested in this, too. I think I'm going to get the seidio w/ earbuds. But if someone could show if they got bluetooth working w/ phone and stereo w/out the seidio hack mentioned (very cool but for my use, the seidio w/ retractable cord is about equally convenient and a lot cheaper) I would love to hear how/what!
    I have the sedio with over the ear buds.

Were I to purchase again, I woud buy just the adapter and then pair it with some Shure or other high quality headphones. The audio quality of the sedio buds is, IMO, poor at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I have the sedio with over the ear buds.

Were I to purchase again, I woud buy just the adapter and then pair it with some Shure or other high quality headphones. The audio quality of the sedio buds is, IMO, poor at best.

I have been using Seidio 2 in 1 headset for Treo 650 for some time. I think the sound quality is good, considering it is a hybrid headset. If you compare it with the top of the line MP3 headphone, the sound quality is not as good. but it fully serves my purpose. I need it everyday. If you get the adaptor type, then you can use any headphone you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by trip
    I have been using Seidio 2 in 1 headset for Treo 650 for some time. I think the sound quality is good, considering it is a hybrid headset. If you compare it with the top of the line MP3 headphone, the sound quality is not as good. but it fully serves my purpose. I need it everyday. If you get the adaptor type, then you can use any headphone you like.
    That's actually what I was saying, the quality as compared to a good quality set for mp3s isn't so hot. That's why I would get the adapter instead were I to have the choice over again

But you're right, it does the dual purpose well enough.
    I am using the seido earbuds and I can survive with the sound quality of the music. Nonetheless, during calls it is very flaky. I sometimes can hear a caller throught both buds but not always. When this happens, if I touch the volume control button or the side button I can listen to the caller through the both buds. If I move my treo, I loose hearing through one bud. I just purchased them less than a week ago for the treo store. I am also having callers tell me they can barely hear me at the times when I can only hear the through one bud. I will be researching a replacement and report back.
    i have bought the palm hybrid ones. the earbuds are very painful to wear in my ears for long periods. the sound quality for listening to music is horrible and low in my opinion. the mic is fine and the button is fine and the sound quality for phone conversations is just fine.

i'm thinking about the seidio adapter with no headphones, but is it going to be too heavy with the adapter and the controls? and even if i buy one of those sony earplugs that have half the cord length, will it still be too long? too many questions.

i really need something with good headphones because i watch a lot of movies and tvshows on the train/bus/airplane. i need something that can deliver a lot of audio. so far i've been using the basic adapter with a pair of koss plug earphones. but it would be nice to be able to answer phonecalls with it too. oh well. someday something perfect will come along.
    backphones are almost always comfortable for long period wear. Nothing beats DJ style big *** headphones for quality and comfort, but they are not practical for most. I haul mine only when I know I can deal with their bulk.

Im leaning on to these but I'd want comments on audio quality and bass response.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../73-74--83.htm

I have Sony backphones allready so I would just get the adaptor....probably the best way to ensure you get good headphones. They are too personal to me to buy without trying.
    I have been searching for hybrid alternatives, since I really use my headset to make/take calls and with all this media functionality of the treo, I have started carring music and movies with me, that I listen or watch as I drive or wait for a meeting. My seido hybrids have turned for the worst and don't work anymore. I have found these at this site:
    http://www.skullcandy.com/linkDetail...lLocation=link

I believe it's one set of earbuds that split with two plugs, one for a music device and the other for the cel phone. Nonetheless, you can answer/make calls with it too. I am hoping I can eliminate the part that I will not need.
    I am waiting for them to be delivered and I will report back after trying them.
    JCB, we're on the same quest. And I wouldn't trust my money on Seidio again, either -- unless they're serious about fixing the quality. But the skullcandy has two plugs, one in the phone and another in the music player. So I don't think this is it.
    Take a look at my new spanking homemade shure 4c handsfree. I made one with the shure 2c before and find this is the best way to combine handsfree and high quality ear buds. The build quality of shure is excellent, and you wouldn't know how good it sounds until you have heard it. Many have said it is an over kill. It is not.

I second the opinion the seido is poorly built. I had one, and it broke in 3 months.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have seidio ear buds with the rectractable feature. I have had to return one and now need to return its replacement because of volume and sound problems. I need to be able to handle both calls and music, though. I'm considering getting the seidio with just the mic and an adapter for a standard headset. Perhaps it won't have the problems the other one has had. How come there aren't more manufacturers in this niche?
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    Take a look at my new spanking homemade shure 4c handsfree. I made one with the shure 2c before and find this is the best way to combine handsfree and high quality ear buds. The build quality of shure is excellent, and you wouldn't know how good it sounds until you have heard it. Many have said it is an over kill. It is not.

I second the opinion the seido is poorly built. I had one, and it broke in 3 months.
    Thats a nice pair of franken-phones you got there!

Currently just using a nice pair of foldable senheiser PX200's, and holding the phone in front of me like an ***** when I receive calls.
    Anyone try this one from Seidio It is more expensive then the others High End 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 650 Seidio 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 650 Seidio 2 in 1 Headset for Treo 650
    Our Price: $49.95 more info

This hands free headset is Perfect for music and phone calls with its Excellent sound quality. It also comes with a retractable cord so you will never have to mess with tangled cords again.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Anyone try this one from Seidio It is more expensive then the others High End 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 650 Seidio 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 650 Seidio 2 in 1 Headset for Treo 650
    Our Price: $49.95 more info

This hands free headset is Perfect for music and phone calls with its Excellent sound quality. It also comes with a retractable cord so you will never have to mess with tangled cords again.

I think Croshaven did. Check his previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by continuum
    JCB, we're on the same quest. And I wouldn't trust my money on Seidio again, either -- unless they're serious about fixing the quality. But the skullcandy has two plugs, one in the phone and another in the music player. So I don't think this is it.
    I will report on how it goes. Even though the skully's have that extra plug, I felt they had the best hearing quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond

You have got me interested in making some homemade ones myself. Would it be possible to join the headset that comes with the treo with a pair of stereo earbuds with some creative wiring? Or can it only produce mono output (even if I replaced the single earbud with a pair of earbuds)?
    I just picked up the Seidio 2 in 1 with the earbuds. Love the functionality, but they hurt my ears. I watched/listened to National Treasure and by the end of the movie my ears felt like they were on fire and swollen. Definitely going to use these for back up and go with the 2 in 1 adapter so I can use my favorite over the ear headet.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Quote Originally Posted by jbroberg
    You have got me interested in making some homemade ones myself. Would it be possible to join the headset that comes with the treo with a pair of stereo earbuds with some creative wiring? Or can it only produce mono output (even if I replaced the single earbud with a pair of earbuds)?

no you can't because the plug is different. I guess you maybe able to do dual mono with the ones come with the phone instead of stereo. U can get a pair of cheap handsfree. I got mine for aboue $20, but someones around can get a pair in NYC for $5.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast