Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yatdond that is very intresting.
    I recently bought a pair of E4. Do you think messin aroud with them by adding headset will alter the sound ?
    Also can you post how to?
    I am no expert, but find the sound quality to be the same. It is very simple but you need to have steady hand and previous soldering experience would help. First, I just ply open the casing. Then I un-solder the pre-installed earbuds that came with the handsfree that I bought. I bought the pivot handsfee in Hong Kong because it is cheaper than the Palm ones. I don't know if you can find that in the US, but you can try the palms. Then I just cut my shure 4c wire. That was scary cutting my $199 earphones. I cut at the point before the wire split in two to leave more length. This allows me to wear the earphones with the wires hanging behind my head while the mic can still hand up front. If you want to wear it up front you can cut more wire off. After you cut th shure wire, you realize that it has a red wire, a white wire, and unshielded wire. The red is the + for right side. The white is the - for the left side. The unshielded wire shall be the - for the right side and + for the left side. Therefore, you will need to split the unshielded wire in two parts and solder the wires accordingly. Take a look at my photo. Not the best quality, but you can see it is just about soldering 4 wires onto the handsfree. Pretty simple.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by continuum
    JCB, we're on the same quest. And I wouldn't trust my money on Seidio again, either -- unless they're serious about fixing the quality. But the skullcandy has two plugs, one in the phone and another in the music player. So I don't think this is it.

Tried the skullcandy. Not very good. Comparable to the Seido. Got a pair of Sony earbuds http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...Extension_Cord and a 3.5 mm elbow adapter. Great sound but still have to unplug to take calls.

By the way, you can eliminate the extra plug on the skullcandy with no consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Anyone try this one from Seidio It is more expensive then the others High End 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 650 Seidio 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for Treo 650 Seidio 2 in 1 Headset for Treo 650
    Our Price: $49.95 more info

This hands free headset is Perfect for music and phone calls with its Excellent sound quality. It also comes with a retractable cord so you will never have to mess with tangled cords again.
    I've been using them for about a month and loving it. I've had no volume or call related problems. The music quality has been above what you get with a "normal" set of buds. I wrote a review of them here.
    David
    Has anyone tried this? http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--158.htm

If so, does it distort the sound quality of the headphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    Has anyone tried this? http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--158.htm

If so, does it distort the sound quality of the headphones?
    Tons of people have tried it....it's alright apparently. I don't see how a wire could distort sound quality. Usually the quality depends on the speakers and the device playing the audio...not the wire/cord.
    I tried. The volume control gave me static and the wire broke in 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by yatbond
    I tried. The volume control gave me static and the wire broke in 3 months.
    Thanks for your feedback. Highly appreciated.

I am a newbie user, so I don't know if this is normal, but just yesterday while listening to music, I recieved a call that I answered without unplugging my headphones. I talked and listened to the caller through my headphones. The person calling me told me, she could hear me perfectly!!. I still have to try it on more calls, but if this is so, it will put an end to my problems. I don't mind having to answer the phone myself. What I do mind is having to take of my headphones in order to answer the call. By the way I have these: http://www.welovemacs.com/mdrex71sl.html
    Last edited by JCB; 08/07/2005 at 02:09 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12