1.    #1  
    Hi All,
    I am about to switch over from my trusty Sprint Treo 600 to a new Sprint Treo 650. Is there anything I should watch out for when making this switch?

I plan on doing a clean install for the T650 and NOT migrating anything from my T600. I have heard there are many potential issues that could arise when doing this, so I think it's best to start fresh. I will add new programs directly to the T650 from a clean install.

Any words of wisdom on things to watch out for, things that might be frustrating or things I NEED to know about the T650 would be helpful (such as, do I have to upgrade the FW to 1.08?)

I have searched through the forum and read a ton, but I always like to have the most up to date info.

Thanks in advance.
    You've basically answered your own question.

(Make sure you remove the old 600 PalmDesktop software from your PC as well)

And yes, if it's not already upgraded, flash with 1.08.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    yeah... one word "don't"

especially if you are half as enthusiastic about having a Bluetooth enable Treo as I was... with voicedialing...

because it just doesn't work, period.

I'd wait, seriously, I'm going back to a 600 myself.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    yeah... one word "don't"

especially if you are half as enthusiastic about having a Bluetooth enable Treo as I was... with voicedialing...

because it just doesn't work, period.

I'd wait, seriously, I'm going back to a 600 myself.
    I never used voice dialing on my T600, so I guess I won't miss it.

BT was a huge part of why I am migrating though as I am tired of having to have the Jabra A210 hanging off of my T600 just so I can use BT. I recently purchased the Sony Ericsson BHB-300 which is a basic BT headset with no special features (caller ID, Ring Tones etc.) just has the ability to answer calls clearly. Hopefully it will work well with the T650.

Thanks for the feedback though. All info is helpful.
    T300 (6 mos.) ---> T600 (14 Mos.) ---> T650 (11 Mos.) ---> 700p
    The first thign to do is to update to the latest ROM. Then disable the "update time from Network" option, as that is a frequent source of problems.

The FIRST app to install is Uninstall Manager. This app will keep track of all future apps which you install, so that it can do a COMPLETE uninstall if the app is causing problems - no unknown code remnants to gum up the works.

Then, install only one app at a time, play with 650 for a while, then install the next app. That way it will be easiest to identify a problem app, if it occurs.

Of course, having said that, I've installed multiple apps a time without a problem on my 650. but I *did* install Uninstall Manager first, so I was easily able to uninstall apps if I started having any unexpected crashes.