Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dataviz has this little tool buried in their web site.

11/15/05
    LINKS TO THE NEW DATAVIZ TECH TOOL ARE IN POSTS #84 & #85 BELOW!! or right here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=78
    Thanks, Tem!!

It allows you to move the Documents to Go 7.006 program files to your SD card -- freeing up around 2mb(4MB) of space, while still leaving the ability to "select" Docs to Go from your regular memory icons.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=13395&pid=132

(Actual .prc file attachment is in post #27 now. The above takes you to the Dataviz web site for instructions and the file download.)

P.S. It apperars that others below have experienced 4mb in new free space! (It's been a couple of months since I did mine -- so I was guessing at 2MB to be on the conservative side.)

5/9/05 RUN THIS TOOL OFTEN -- IT keeps residual Docs to Go Files from building up in memory. See my 5/9/05 post below.

(06/01/05)They only build up if you do not close out of a file and DTG before going to another app.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/27/2005 at 09:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Useful! Though the best so far has been to install a paired down version of the latest ROM image. I used to have only 5 - 7 mb free, now I have about 17mb!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Useful! Though the best so far has been to install a paired down version of the latest ROM image. I used to have only 5 - 7 mb free, now I have about 17mb!

You must be speaking of a total memory savings -- Docs to Go programs do not take up 10mb of space!

And now for my "showing how stupid I am question" -- Paired down version of the latest ROM image? You are light years beyond me!

Cheers, Perry.
    IIRC, Moving them takes mine from 9.6 Free to 14.1 free....but there's still stuff left in memory.
    Thank you for the great info. Moved from 11.9 to 15.8....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Thank you for the great info. Moved from 11.9 to 15.8....
    You might wanna read message no. 3 in this thread. It notes the dataviz tool and has a couple of other things worth pursuing.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...d=1#post650232
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Freed up 5MB on mine. Thanks!

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  8.    #8  
    I had started this thread under 650 Hardware -- that is where I thought most people would find it, looking for 650 memory solutions, but it got moved here to General Software. Anyway, I see that 184 people have viewed it. Hopefully, they too have saved 4mb!

This is what I love about this site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I had started this thread under 650 Hardware -- that is where I thought most people would find it, looking for 650 memory solutions, but it got moved here to General Software. Anyway, I see that 184 people have viewed it. Hopefully, they too have saved 4mb!

This is what I love about this site!
    deleted by dutch for being a jerk...sorry
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 10/19/2005 at 04:58 PM.
  10.    #10  
    I agree Dutch -- that it is software and belongs in this section on that basis -- but the problem it addresses is hardware related. I just thought people would be more apt to be looking for memory solutions under "hardware."

As well, it obviously doesn't hurt to recycle news -- there are at least 3 happier Treo users tonight!
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/03/2005 at 09:34 PM.

As well, it obviously doesn't hurt to recycle news -- there are at least 3 happier Treo users tonight!
    Good point...it's one of the better tools that many don't know of...especially since it invloves SW bundled with the treo.
  12.    #12  
    So, out of 341 views -- we have three known happy to know that's.

(Since it had been previously discussed in prior threads.) Was this useful for any of the other 338?
    So, out of 341 views -- we have three known happy to know that's.

(Since it had been previously discussed in prior threads.) Was this useful for any of the other 338?

Why does it matter? Many probably knew of it.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Why does it matter? Many probably knew of it.
    Hi Dutch ! Just wondering . . . . . . . how many people may have been helped by a "repeated" (by accident) post.

Many people (like myself) just come in and browse recent posts looking to learn something new. Like today -- I wasn't looking for a solution to my irritation with DiddleBug -- but found it with a posting of the two T5 notepad
    prc files. I am sure today's notepad thread (started as a first post by a newbie like myself) was a repeat some how.

Cheers, Perry.
    Hi Dutch ! Just wondering . . . . . . . how many people may have been helped by a "repeated" (by accident) post.

Many people (like myself) just come in and browse recent posts looking to learn something new. Like today -- I wasn't looking for a solution to my irritation with DiddleBug -- but found it with a posting of the two T5 notepad
    prc files. I am sure today's notepad thread (started as a first post by a newbie like myself) was a repeat some how.

Cheers, Perry.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    so cool - thanks
    I appreciated this as well; I saved approx 4MB as well.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm up to 18.3 mb. Thanks!
  19.    #19  
    Dataviz has this little tool buried in their web site.

It allows you to move the Documents to Go 7.0 program files to your SD card -- freeing up around 2mb of space, while still leaving the ability to "select" Docs to Go from your regular memory icons.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=13395&pid=132

P.S. It apperars that others below have experienced 4mb in new free space! (It's been a couple of months since I did mine -- so I was guessing at 2MB to be on the conservative side.)

P.P.S I NOTED IN A DIFFERENT THREAD THAT A PERSON SUGGESTED RUNNING THIS TOOL EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE -- AND YOU WOULD FREE UP SOME MEMORY AGAIN. I found this to be true. I can only think that Docs to Go leaves some residual program info or data files in regular memory after use -- and running this tool again -- puts that residual back to the SD card. Amount saved depends -- but I have "saved" up to 500kb with this procedure. I guess it depends on how much you have used Docs to Go since your last running of the tool.

Cheers, pp.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    WOW!! I just ran it again and went from 10.4 to 12.7!!! I have to remember to do this every now and then.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast