Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just went from 4.2M to 7.9M free space. This is a handy little utility. However, when I open the "Getting Started Tips" in docstogo, I notice that the free space drops to 5.9M. Closing the document regains the 2M. I assume that this is because docstogo places the document into the memory space. However, the size of "Getting Started Tips" is listed at just 64K. I'll have to remember to close documents before I exit docstogo.

Paul
  2.    #62  
    With this tool -- the program files are stored on the SD card, until they are needed, brought into internal memory as needed and then returned to the SD card - if you close the document. If you leave the doc open (by going to a different program 1st), the files stay in memory and you have to "run" the tool again.

Cheers, Perry.
    WOW thanks 1MB - 6.4mb
  4.    #64  
    Hey Frank, glad it helped!!

Cheers, Perry
    Perry- Thanks from here, too.
    It looks like it freed up about 3mb.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    9.3 to 12.6 - Thanks.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Thank you very much!!! 2.1 to 5.8
    For some reason I don't see Docs to Go on my treo. Is it something I need to specifically download from the installation CD?
    Thanks!! Never heard about it!
    Ciao

Ettore
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorms
    For some reason I don't see Docs to Go on my treo. Is it something I need to specifically download from the installation CD?
    Some carriers pre-install it, some leave it on the CD. Check your CD, it should be there.

Cheers, Perry.
    Love It.

Dig It.

Gotta Have It.

*mwah!*
    heh, well i just flashed my Treo with a custom ROM and forgot about this app. Found it again though, went from 9.4mb available to 13.8mb!
    Last edited by AnteL0pe; 10/19/2005 at 05:00 PM.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Can you explain what you mean by that? I would love to free up all that memory. Also, for some reason I don't have documents to go on my treo. Was it an automatic install from the cd? I have a Sprint Treo 650.
    Lori
    found this a while ago but forgot to do it.. jusy did it tonite while i couldnt sleep. 2mb-> 5+mb thanks perry! now its back to new posts again for someone else to find.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorms
    Can you explain what you mean by that? I would love to free up all that memory. Also, for some reason I don't have documents to go on my treo. Was it an automatic install from the cd? I have a Sprint Treo 650.
    Lori
    Should be on the CD for a manual install if it was not automatically on your Treo 650. It takes up about 4.5mb of space, 4.0mb of which you can move to the SD card with this tool provided by DataViz, thus the 4mb of space savings for the people who have already installed it.

Cheers, Perry.
    When Perry dies (and hopefully it won't be for a long while yet,) he will have this tip on his tombstone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks Perry!! I am over 10 now! These tips really help those Low Techies like myself. This is what makes this site ROCK!

JsJsJs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    According to the techtool application itself I have 9.7 mb free (up from 6.7 mb) after moving DTG to the card. However according to the main applications menu ("info" and "size") on my 650 I have 14.1 mb free. Why the difference???
  19.    #79  
    Sorry JonStern, I do not know, but my DTG "read of memory" always says I have 500kb more than the main applications menu "info" and "size."

Go figure.

Cheers, Perry.
    I have this loaded, but recently received an email (via Snapper) with a Word attachment. Could not open it... Sd there was a previous version installed... and it wouldn't allow me to open it. I guess this is the first time I've tried to open a Word document since adding Dataviz. Anyone else have this issue? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast