Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    If you use Zlauncher to move documents to go to the card it will become unstable and cause resets because there are to many files. Sometimes Zlauncher will give you a pop up and tell you that, sometimes it will just cause resets, other times it will work but not for long.

The dataviz tool does not move all the files to the card because documents to go will not completely run from the card. Sometimes messing with documents to go without using the dataviz tool will cause unstability that is hard to shake even with uninstall and reinstalls, hard resets blah blah blah.

Short answer --- use the tool !!
    Thanks perry

use the tool
    Thats what she said
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Cool, nice response guys! So what happens if I do a hotsysnc from a hard reset? Will everything be kosher? Thanks again
    Im not sure I totaly understood the question. If you are asking what happens when you hard reset and then sync, the answer is that many temporary recreated files are lost because they are not backed up. You restore from the backup folder and depending on the application not all of its associated files are present in the backup folder. So you may have to enter registration codes for some apps or configure apps. But all of the applications themselves are restored. The restore is also from the palm desktop so even if you backup folder is empty your addresses, photos, memos, tasks, calender, ect is restored.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Sorry I wasn't clear, but since most docs2go program is on the SD card, how will hotsync handle the two separate parts of the program. Was wondering about this with Zlauncher too.

Also, I tried the link in post #27 and it was a .php file?(from my treo 650)

Thanks
    It is still the same all files will be restored but some reg codes will have to be re-entered and some apps re-configured. Something to note though when you upgrade an application move it and all of its components back to their default position before updating or you will have duplicate files, some updated and some not. So in the future if you upgrade to the next version of documents to go, use the tool to move apps to the internal memory.

Here is the tool on the dataviz site. http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13105&pid=2000
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=jamespaulritter] Something to note though when you upgrade an application move it and all of its components back to their default position before updating or you will have duplicate files, some updated and some not. So in the future if you upgrade to the next version of documents to go, use the tool to move apps to the internal memory.[QUOTE]

Aah, that was the answer I was looking for. Thanks for the link!
    Last edited by kronium; 07/14/2005 at 02:41 AM.
  8.    #48  
    CINGULAR USERS: Do not forget to rerun this tool after you run the update and reload! (The new Docs to Go update puts the DTG program files back into main memory.)

Cheers, Perry.

(Thanks, Grumpy21)
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/26/2005 at 12:32 PM.
    [QUOTE=kronium][QUOTE=jamespaulritter] Something to note though when you upgrade an application move it and all of its components back to their default position before updating or you will have duplicate files, some updated and some not. So in the future if you upgrade to the next version of documents to go, use the tool to move apps to the internal memory.

Aah, that was the answer I was looking for. Thanks for the link!
    You don't need to do this. Just go ahead and update DTG without doing anything. Obviously, the installer will install updated programs on the handheld, then use the tool to move programs to SD card. You will be prompted if you want to replace the apps already on the card. Obviously, tap yes. No wasted time. Hope this helps.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    You don't need to do this. Just go ahead and update DTG without doing anything. Obviously, the installer will install updated programs on the handheld, then use the tool to move programs to SD card. You will be prompted if you want to replace the apps already on the card. Obviously, tap yes. No wasted time. Hope this helps.
    Dataviz has many support issues related to installation problems when the applications are stored on the card. They advise to move the applications to the handheld before updating or reinstalling. There is no point in taking a chance on causing yourself problems just so you can save a step. I had this happen to me and I could not just overwrite the existing applications. Hope this helps
    I used Dataviz to "move" my Docs to Go on to my 1GB SD Card. It says the move was successful, but it doesn't show up as a icon on my Card. Does anyone know where it is so I can open it from the card?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoman270
    I used Dataviz to "move" my Docs to Go on to my 1GB SD Card. It says the move was successful, but it doesn't show up as a icon on my Card. Does anyone know where it is so I can open it from the card?
    The icon should still be in the same Category (forgot which one...Main?)

You should see it in "All" though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    yeah the main app remains in memory but all the associated files move to the card/palm/launcher directory. you can't "see" them on the card because the main program remains in ram,so your icon should be wherever it was before the migration of the other files.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Thanks for the info, but i'm still confused. How do I run the apps from the card and ,at the same, delete them from my phone so I can save memory?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    The dataviz tool doesn't work for me. It keeps giving me a crash and soft reset every time I try to open any word document. Curiously, it only seems to happen on word docs. Excel and powerpoint work fine.

I've gone through the re-install procedure a half-dozen times.

Any ideas?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoman270
    Thanks for the info, but i'm still confused. How do I run the apps from the card and ,at the same, delete them from my phone so I can save memory?
    This tool just moves most of the DatViz progam(s) to the card, but leaves just enough of the program and an icon in internal memory for you to start the program. It does not "delete" files from your phone, it just moves the majority of the program to the card to save internal memory space for you.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/18/2005 at 08:31 PM.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislrob
    The dataviz tool doesn't work for me. It keeps giving me a crash and soft reset every time I try to open any word document. Curiously, it only seems to happen on word docs. Excel and powerpoint work fine.

I've gone through the re-install procedure a half-dozen times.

Any ideas?
    What version of Docs to Go are you using? This tool only works with DTG 7.006 or higher. If this is okay, follow the link in the first post of this thread to make sure you have the latest version of the tool. . . . . If that is okay, and you still experience the crashes with Word docs, I would contact DTG support. I have never experienced this issue.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/18/2005 at 08:34 PM.
    You were right, Perry! I was running 7.001! I just assumed I was up to date because I bought my palm in August!

Course it took me a couple of hours to figure out why I kept gettting a "previous version detected" error despite a full re-install, but I finally fixed it.

Man, I love this site!

Thanks, Perry!

I gotta stop using so many exclamation points! But, man!
  19. cng
    10.2 to 15.4. I see this in PowerRun and I have my Docs2Go.prc in ROM.
  20.    #60  
    Excellent! (Twice!)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast