Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    VeriChat (Premium) now has 20 bots. I have regularly used these bots and wish to share my experience with you.
    The bots appear as buddies under a "Bots" group. Select a buddy and start a chat session. Instantly the bot replies and tells you what to enter next. For instance, in the Weather, Movies or Yellow Pages bot, you enter Zip Code or City, State.

    Teasers, Scramble and Who want to be a Millionaire are games for utlilizing free time. In Millionaire, answer 15 questions and become a millionaire. Teasers has many categories. For example, you guess the name of a country, by entering one letter at a time till you lose or form the correct word. In Scramble you guess the correct word.

    Currency Converter instantly gives conversion rates for all currencies.
    Dictionary & Thesaurus is an English dictionary in your pocket.
    Driving Directions provides you with driving directions within the US.
    With eBay you can search for any item on eBay.
    FedEx Tracker lets you track your packages.
    Flight Status gives departure and arrival information for most of the International and US carriers.
    Language Converter converts small phrases in English to Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch or Portuguese, and from these languages to English.
    Stock Information provides stock quotes and news for US traded stocks.
    Yellow Pages provides information about the keyword(s) entered.
    With Your Local Weather gives today’s weather information and forecast for the next 4 days for all major locations around the world.

    For more information about these bots:
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/bots_usage.html
  2. #2  
    you are a undercover developer poster. if you work for Verichat like people know, so they can judge your bias toward the Companies Product.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=83056

    All of you post are pro Verchat, but no never state that you work for verichat. YOu also pretend to be a average user, when you probably work for pdaapps
    --
    20% off on Causerie and Callshield
    Views: 543
    Posted By johnpeters
    Does this 20% off really matter? More important is where does Causerie standard or premier stand as compared to VeriChat?
    --
    Poll: Best IM Poll
    Views: 1,343
    Posted By johnpeters
    I will go for VeriChat. Outstanding UI, stable, file transfer and a long list of features, way more than other IMs. Now VeriChat has great bots. Teasers is interesting. The Bots list includes:
    Area &
    --
    Verichat crashes treo
    Views: 160
    Posted By johnpeters
    I did not face this problem after changing AIM login and pw.
    Some other application may be causing this problem.
    --
    Help! Verichat not showing AIM icon as Mobile!
    Views: 231
    Posted By johnpeters
    Sorry, i don't have Treo650. With Treo600 VeriChat is outstanding. Seems like, your problem is specific to Treo650
    --
    verichat is down?
    Views: 94
    Posted By johnpeters
    Hasn't been down for me either. Also didn't notice any delay in IMs
    --
    Poll: Instant Messaging: Verichat, Causerie, Chatopus or ??
    Views: 1,303
    Posted By johnpeters
    I am sure Verichat is the best, way ahead of others, simply because the stability is unparalleled, the UI is clean and simple, and it very nice on battery life unlike the others.
    --
    Build Systems, Not Products
    <center>All Comments © Copyright Clarence C Middleton 2005-2006, All Rights Reserved<br /> <a href="mailto:ClarenceCM3@gmail.com">ClarenceCM3@gmail.com</a><br /><ahref ="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx">http://www.middleton.ath.cx</a><br /><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><img style="width: 124px; height: 54px;"src="http://www.middleton.ath.cx/photos/middletonlogo.gif" /></a></ahref><center />
  3. #3  
    I'm really not sure what to make of all this, but I do know that this person definitely has implied that he does not work for verichat:

    "Out entire organization of 130+ users is on Verichat; we run a trauma team almost exclusively on Verichat. The developers have been super-responsive to all of our requests for enhancements, and have continued to make Verichat better and better."
    http://tinyurl.com/84wgk

    On the other hand, if you click on his "find more posts by this person" on his profile, you find that every single one of his posts are about verichat and all of them are very positive regarding the product. I think it's important not to jump to any conclusions but I do believe it is important that we are able to clearly delineate between those that are and are not affiliated with a particular product that they comment about.

    Perhaps this person is some sort of verichat-superfan...
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 05/03/2005 at 03:07 AM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I'm really not sure what to make of all this, but I do know that this person definitely has implied that he does not work for verichat:

    "Out entire organization of 130+ users is on Verichat; we run a trauma team almost exclusively on Verichat. The developers have been super-responsive to all of our requests for enhancements, and have continued to make Verichat better and better."
    http://tinyurl.com/84wgk

    On the other hand, if you click on his "find more posts by this person" on his profile, you find that every single one of his posts are about verichat and all of them are very positive regarding the product. I think it's important not to jump to any conclusions but I do believe it is important that we are able to clearly delineate between those that are and are not affiliated with a particular product that they comment about.

    Perhaps this person is some sort of verichat-superfan...

    That the whole point of it. Act like a average user, give advise "bias", and send people to their product.

    If I sold Treo software I would do the same thing.

    These developer visit all forums "Treo specific", using multiple ID name, and search for negative comment about their software, post relating to there type of software, and post about competitors/freeware.

    The hype there own software, they recommend their software in all related post, and they discredit competitors software.

    AND they never strict around to give any real help to the users of there software.

    Hell he will not even repond to this post.

    If you are blind enough to take that Fake Post, as proof he doesn't work for pdapps, then you need a lesson in Logic.

    Proof:

    He's been here since Oct 2004

    Every "EVERY" single one of his post "even the first" is pro Verichat. He hasn't even posted in any other thread but those dealing with Verichat or IM related post.

    He has extensive Verichat knowledge "even on his first post".

    Almost all of his post contian a link to Verichat Site or a email address to Verichat Customer service.

    Be bad mouth every all other IM Software.


    He post a Good comment about Verichat, or compliant about another IM software, and never reposte.


    He's not the only Undercover poster on this board I have seen plenty of them. When ever you take the recommendation of another user on the board, check there past post.
    Build Systems, Not Products
    <center>All Comments © Copyright Clarence C Middleton 2005-2006, All Rights Reserved<br /> <a href="mailto:ClarenceCM3@gmail.com">ClarenceCM3@gmail.com</a><br /><ahref ="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx">http://www.middleton.ath.cx</a><br /><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><img style="width: 124px; height: 54px;"src="http://www.middleton.ath.cx/photos/middletonlogo.gif" /></a></ahref><center />
  5. #5  
    The problem I find with the BOTS is that when my Treo resets or if I Exit and Sign Out of VeriChat, I have to reenable the BOTS. It's kind of annoying and the setting should stick just as it does for my buddy lists.
  6. #6  
    I second the previous post about the BOTS having to be reenabled. It's annoying and I thought it just didn't like me
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpeters
    VeriChat (Premium) now has 20 bots. I have regularly used these bots and wish to share my experience with you.
    The bots appear as buddies under a "Bots" group. Select a buddy and start a chat session. Instantly the bot replies and tells you what to enter next. For instance, in the Weather, Movies or Yellow Pages bot, you enter Zip Code or City, State.

    Teasers, Scramble and Who want to be a Millionaire are games for utlilizing free time. In Millionaire, answer 15 questions and become a millionaire. Teasers has many categories. For example, you guess the name of a country, by entering one letter at a time till you lose or form the correct word. In Scramble you guess the correct word.

    Currency Converter instantly gives conversion rates for all currencies.
    Dictionary & Thesaurus is an English dictionary in your pocket.
    Driving Directions provides you with driving directions within the US.
    With eBay you can search for any item on eBay.
    FedEx Tracker lets you track your packages.
    Flight Status gives departure and arrival information for most of the International and US carriers.
    Language Converter converts small phrases in English to Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch or Portuguese, and from these languages to English.
    Stock Information provides stock quotes and news for US traded stocks.
    Yellow Pages provides information about the keyword(s) entered.
    With Your Local Weather gives today’s weather information and forecast for the next 4 days for all major locations around the world.

    For more information about these bots:
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/bots_usage.html
    Is this some AD given by verichat?????
  8. #8  
    Clarence, you're a real watchdog!
    I for one appreciate it.
    Keep it up!

    I've also noticed the clear pro-app posts of some...
    I'm sure at least one of us posters is also a PalmOne or PalmSource employee... sanctioned I expect to gauge geek feedback. Check out the guy(s) who happen to have latest firmwares etc. and offer us the opportunity to be beta testers.
    I'm not complaining in the least... I think it's cool...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ideas
    Is this some AD given by verichat?????
    It sure looks like it, johnpeters uses the same IP as user PDAapps..
    Which whould make him a clone.

    I don't have a problem with having a personal and a private ID but here the two have clearly been mixed.
    I have banned johnpeters.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  10. #10  
    Whether he works for the company or not, I completely agree the bots are a nice touch and I have used them and am glad I have that information at my finger tips . I don't work for verichat by the way.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    I have banned johnpeters.
    I think that's a bit harsh and premature. Why not allow him to retort?
    He may not actually be a clone. It is possible that he works for the company but is not actually the same person as "PDAapps..."
    ... unlikely but still possible...
    I'm just suggesting that you give him a fair chance to have his say...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    I think that's a bit harsh and premature. Why not allow him to retort?
    He may not actually be a clone. It is possible that he works for the company but is not actually the same person as "PDAapps..."
    ... unlikely but still possible...
    I'm just suggesting that you give him a fair chance to have his say...
    If he isn't he can email me and I'll unban him.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    If he isn't he can email me and I'll unban him.
    Fair enough...
    Now he knows his options...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    It sure looks like it, johnpeters uses the same IP as user PDAapps..
    Which whould make him a clone.

    I don't have a problem with having a personal and a private ID but here the two have clearly been mixed.
    I have banned johnpeters.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

    This post, like many others I have seen are really Just Ads, not recommendation post. Treocentral Charges for Ads, PDAapps, are trying to get free ad space by using the Forum.


    I appreciate your Action.
    Build Systems, Not Products
    <center>All Comments © Copyright Clarence C Middleton 2005-2006, All Rights Reserved<br /> <a href="mailto:ClarenceCM3@gmail.com">ClarenceCM3@gmail.com</a><br /><ahref ="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx">http://www.middleton.ath.cx</a><br /><a href="http://www.middleton.ath.cx"><img style="width: 124px; height: 54px;"src="http://www.middleton.ath.cx/photos/middletonlogo.gif" /></a></ahref><center />
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    I think that's a bit harsh and premature. Why not allow him to retort?
    He may not actually be a clone. It is possible that he works for the company but is not actually the same person as "PDAapps..."
    ... unlikely but still possible...
    I'm just suggesting that you give him a fair chance to have his say...
    Just for the record-- I do work for PDAapps, obviously, and I have no idea who "johnpeters" is. We certainly don't have a person on staff with that name. We are internally trying to find out who it is. We agree 100% that this post was completely bad form.

    My job and mandate is only to provide product support to TreoCentral Members, and look out for feedback and any problems that this forums' members may be facing. To that end, you are always welcome to send me PMs or write to support@pdaapps.com .
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    Just for the record-- I do work for PDAapps, obviously, and I have no idea who "johnpeters" is. We certainly don't have a person on staff with that name. We are internally trying to find out who it is. We agree 100% that this post was completely bad form.

    My job and mandate is only to provide product support to TreoCentral Members, and look out for feedback and any problems that this forums' members may be facing. To that end, you are always welcome to send me PMs or write to support@pdaapps.com .
    Thanks for setting the record straight! I was hoping you would do so for the benefit of us all.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    Just for the record-- I do work for PDAapps, obviously, and I have no idea who "johnpeters" is. We certainly don't have a person on staff with that name. We are internally trying to find out who it is. We agree 100% that this post was completely bad form.

    My job and mandate is only to provide product support to TreoCentral Members, and look out for feedback and any problems that this forums' members may be facing. To that end, you are always welcome to send me PMs or write to support@pdaapps.com .
    Thanks for the feedback.
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  18. #18  
    will verichat every update so we can add profiles to or screen name or see peoples full away messages?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy
    will verichat every update so we can add profiles to or screen name or see peoples full away messages?
    You can already see people's full away messages by using the "Contact Properties" menu item in any recent version of VeriChat.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "add profiles to or screen name". Please write to us at support@pdaapps.com and we can take it from there.
  20. #20  
    I love Verichat and use it daily.. but 90% of my treo crashes are due to Verichat (got pic attached). It usually crashes when a message arrives (in sms mode) and verichat is running in the background.

    My license Expires next month and I'm looking for alternatives if stability doesn't improve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions