Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I have another quick question. Whenever I reset my device or after so many hours, a screen comes up called "Beyond Contacts Notes." It asks if I want to make the BC notes application the default for notes and text files. I say yes, and click "Do not ask me again." Even though I click this button, it still comes back up to ask me this. Anyone else with this problem?
    I think there may be a bug in the newest upgrade (v 3.0081). I am getting this message (no reset - every time I access BC) but usually it is the button mapping preferences page. Weird thing is, I only get it when I go from contacts to the home screen (calendar, notes and tasks to home no problem). I have been in contact with Dataviz and they sent me a suggestion, tried it and got the same results. very frustrating. Please email Dataviz's support http://support.dataviz.com/index_nr.html and tell them what you are experiencing. They asked me to give them the exact step by step processes that I am going through - apparently there have been other reports but Dataviz has not been able to replicate it. let me know if you want me to send you the instrux they sent me - maybe they'll work for you! I should get a follow up response Monday or Tuesday.

About BC - I really like the way you can have subfolders which means I can have up to three separate contact lists. (All business, personal, and just contract clients) - Also, not being limited (by P1) to a few categories makes sorting my call lists fast and easy. If you use Outlook, regardless of the current glitch - I recommend Beyond Contacts - definitely a thumbs up! Cheers!
  2. GXT
    I tried Agendus, and it's no doubt powerful, but it was too much on the screen for me. I just didn't like the way the formatting was. Since I'm an Outlook user, Beyond Contacts just made sense since it matched all of the fields, and it has a clean look in my opinion. You'd be hard pressed to find an impartial comparison of the two (I've tried). It really comes down to what you are more comfortable with. Try the two (try Agendus first), and see which one works for your needs. Post back and let us know what you came up with. That's the one thing I do like about free trials with this type of software; you aren't stuck with it if you don't like it.
    Thanks for the info. As per your advice I also tried Agendus. Yes it seems very powerful. I like the cleanliness of Beyond Conatacts though. I will be playing with both for some time before I make my mind. Thnks again.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by GXT
    Thanks for the info. As per your advice I also tried Agendus. Yes it seems very powerful. I like the cleanliness of Beyond Conatacts though. I will be playing with both for some time before I make my mind. Thnks again.
    You're welcome. I hope you find one that works for your needs!
    I have been using Beyond Contacts for a year. I pretty much like it but two issues have been bugging me to no end and I cannot get a solution to them, even from DV cus-sum-more support:

1) The PDA side sets some of my PC side appointments back 5 hours (I just happen to be GMT-0500).
    2) My PDA keeps wanting to accept text files into BCNotes instead of just RAM. This is with BT or IR.
    I have been using Beyond Contact for a while and really like it. I have one 'issue' though, when a reminder pops up, i have to clear it out twice, once for the pop-up reminder and again on the alerts screen. Anyone know how to 'fix' this?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    TODAY VIEW
    # NEW! Full 5-way optimization for the Treo 600
    # NEW! Contact Lookup feature allows you to start your Contact search from the Today View Screen. Simply begin typing or writing the letter for your search.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Shouldnt the 5-way optimization include the ability to scroll forward or backward one day at a time? I cant seem to do this, can anyone scroll days in TODAY VIEW?

Also when I start a contact lookup from TODAY VIEW, the first letter I type is ignored. Anyone else have this issue?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Thanks for your comments. It's good to see that someone else enjoys this program. Question for you: Do you have the screen pop up occassionally that asks you if you want BC to be your default note handler? It's supposed to go away after the first time, but it comes up after every reset or hot sync. The company can't find a resolution for it. It might go away once I do a hard reset, but I don't want to do a hard reset until the Cingular firmware is available from Palm.
    This just started happening when I switched from my Tungsten T to the Treo 650. I cant tell if it is the new BC version or the fact that it is on a different device. I read BC Support FAQ and they claim it is something that crept in on version 3.0082.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    This just started happening when I switched from my Tungsten T to the Treo 650. I cant tell if it is the new BC version or the fact that it is on a different device. I read BC Support FAQ and they claim it is something that crept in on version 3.0082.

I had the same issue after a soft reset.

I am now getting two sets of alerts each morning, one from BC and one from the Palm Calander. How do I disable the Palm Calander alerts?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12