Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Using the xhtml google link the map is small no matter what the mode, but using the www.google.com/lochp link gives a bigger map in wide mode than in optimized mode (and both those maps are bigger than the xhtml one)
    I seem to be missing something... Are you using google.com/lochp in conjunction with DA, or standalone? Or is there a link on the resulting google map page for the lochp mode that I'm not seeing?

Being able to click on "Map" in DA & immediately get the larger version would be outstanding!

Thanks,

David...
    Sweet I was trying maps.google.com in the past and couldn't get it to work. Glad there's a workaround for us mobile folks.

Now if Google would only issue a cookie that let it remember our set zoom level.

The only thing that takes time is having to zoom/redraw.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    I seem to be missing something... Are you using google.com/lochp in conjunction with DA, or standalone? Or is there a link on the resulting google map page for the lochp mode that I'm not seeing?
    I don't have DA, I don't know anything about DA.

I'm just going to blazer and specifying "http://www.google.com/lochp" as the URL to go to.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    I don't have DA, I don't know anything about DA.

I'm just going to blazer and specifying "http://www.google.com/lochp" as the URL to go to.
    DA is a great "Yellow Pages" utility, I've just started using it so I don't know all it's capabilities, but you enter the name of a business and the zip code you want the information for, and of all the nearby locations are easily displayed, you can also dial the store with one push of a button as well as get driving instructions.

There's also a button to click on that will bring up a map of the area but the map is only 1/2 screen wide. Overall, with the exception of the map I think DA is a much better tool than google.com/lochp.

Time for me to suggest an improvement to the developer

David...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12