1. RH1
    Is anyone else having trouble with emails being truncated by Versamail? I increased the size to 5000k and I'm still having it truncate the message (no where near 50k much less 5000k) and then I have to download it myself. This is with the scheduled download.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    MIne does the same thing. I'm not sure how to fix it.
    You also have to set the "get" to "entire message" in the delivery options. You might have this set to "subject only"
    you need to tell it how much to download... i.e. 5,10,15,20,25K... tradeoff between faster download, vs complete messages. 10k is a good level for me...

I have mine set to 500k, get entire message. No luck. It does it if i click on get message, but not if it does it automatically.
  6. RH1
    I've got the exact same problem as you, wktaylor.
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    Same here, so I switched to Snapper.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    My longer emails are truncated as well. Doesn't matter what settings I use or whether I manually download message. Looks like a bug in 3.0c versamail.

Nathan
    Does anyone know if this is fixed in the new ROM?
    the biggest that versamail will get is 5120kB (if you set it to that)...but i remember with my versamail (before C came out ie with B) yeah there was a bug just like nswenson said
    I've got it set to 250K but in some cases it's leaving stuff on the server for a 14K message. I've got 3.0Ag5 and debating waiting for the real Cingular release or going with the ROW 1.28 - so does anyone who's gone through that know if it fixes this issue?
    From the bottom of page 31 of the Versamail users guide http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...rsaMail_UG.pdf :

"The Auto Sync feature downloads only the first 3KB of each message. You can select the More button on the message screen to download the entire message."

It appears that the Maximum Message Size setting may only apply to a manual mail sync.
    Last edited by JeffM; 06/24/2005 at 02:35 PM.
    Wow - great catch on that. The fact that it works for the manual synch probably explains why it seems like sometimes I get the full message and sometimes not.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffM
    From the bottom page 31 of the Versamail users guide http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...rsaMail_UG.pdf :

"The Auto Sync feature downloads only the first 3KB of each message. You can select the More button on the message screen to download the entire message."
    Yet another convenience feature built into Versamail. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffM
    From the bottom of page 31 of the Versamail users guide http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ha...rsaMail_UG.pdf :

It appears that the Maximum Message Size setting may only apply to a manual mail sync.
    I always wondered why it did that!!!!! If you set it to get the entire message, it should do it.