Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    though this may be obvious, I didn't see anyone else mention that going naked on the Treo includes not syncing your old contacts. (later, when you do sync contacts after you've established that your Treo is stable, you must rename your contact's backup folder before the sync).

The unlocked GSM Treo that I first received from Palm froze after nearly every phone call. This was without any applications or contacts installed. I was incredibly frustrated -- and was planning to ebay the replacement that they shipped ($30 for the advance replacemnt etc.) and made plans to get a PPC.

But I reluctantly played with the replacement Treo -- (leaving the plastic screen/camera covers on so that I could protect it for the intended sale).

But this Treo worked --- and worked much better than I expected. It didn't crash and it did things that I hadn't expected it to do as well as it does: i.e play movies using TCPMP and MP3s using Dioplayer.

I take notes, read WEB stuff -- and with my cheap internet account I can almost forgive the P1 for their not writing WIFI drivers. (almost -- naw, still can't)

Memory has not been a issue for me -- my FW was 1.21 out of the box and I've not had any problem with 10-15 applications and a pretty big contact name library.

good luck.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    freeze to a white screen

So on Saturday I did a hard reset. Currently, the ONLY 3rd party programs I have on there right now are Ringo Pro, DirectoryAssistant and Butler. My phone still frequently freezes when I reply to a txt message and when I click the home button. This happens at least 66% of the time while txt messaging. I have to take the battery out and put it back in.

BTW, this is a Sprint phone.
    I have a similar situation. I'd been running since last November with zero white screen freezes... until last week. I got an incoming SMS exactly when I was hanging up on a voice call. Ever since then I'm getting very annoyingly frequent white screen lockups related to SMS text messaging. The incoming message pops up just fine, but when I "ok" or "home" out of the thread I get the dreaded white screen. All buttons are locked out and I have to push-button reset to recover.

I didn't add any new applications just before or after the problem started. A quick count in LauncherX shows I've got 113 apps in memory or mostly on SD. I've been running the SPCS-1.08 update since it was first released.

I tried various methods of removing every SMS database file (SMS "purge" option and FileZ) with no success. I did a hard reset and ran virgin for a while with no problems. BackupMan restore and white screens come back. I even tried BackupMan restore of just the SMS database files from a pre-problem date, but that didn't fix it. I'd been assuming that somehow the contacts database had gotten corrupted. But given what's posted here I'm uninstalling RingoPro.

I got RingoPro on sale a while back, installed it but never did anything with it (just never found the time to mess with it). The only thing I ever did was a couple OTA updates to get the most recent versions.

Crossing my fingers that this gets me back to carefree texting!!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    24 hours so far, 10 incoming and 17 outgoing SMS's with no white screen freezes....
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Quote Originally Posted by adster
    Originally Posted by adster
    freeze to a white screen

So on Saturday I did a hard reset. Currently, the ONLY 3rd party programs I have on there right now are Ringo Pro, DirectoryAssistant and Butler. My phone still frequently freezes when I reply to a txt message and when I click the home button. This happens at least 66% of the time while txt messaging. I have to take the battery out and put it back in.

BTW, this is a Sprint phone.
    I have a similar situation. I'd been running since last November with zero white screen freezes... until last week. I got an incoming SMS exactly when I was hanging up on a voice call. Ever since then I'm getting very annoyingly frequent white screen lockups related to SMS text messaging. The incoming message pops up just fine, but when I "ok" or "home" out of the thread I get the dreaded white screen. All buttons are locked out and I have to push-button reset to recover.

I didn't add any new applications just before or after the problem started. A quick count in LauncherX shows I've got 113 apps in memory or mostly on SD. I've been running the SPCS-1.08 update since it was first released.

I tried various methods of removing every SMS database file (SMS "purge" option and FileZ) with no success. I did a hard reset and ran virgin for a while with no problems. BackupMan restore and white screens come back. I even tried BackupMan restore of just the SMS database files from a pre-problem date, but that didn't fix it. I'd been assuming that somehow the contacts database had gotten corrupted. But given what's posted here I'm uninstalling RingoPro.

I got RingoPro on sale a while back, installed it but never did anything with it (just never found the time to mess with it). The only thing I ever did was a couple OTA updates to get the most recent versions.

Crossing my fingers that this gets me back to carefree texting!!
    I also have Ringo Pro installed and am experiencing similar problems.

I have a Ringo Pro 'SMS tone' selected for my roommate. Every time I get an incoming SMS message from her and I select "Go to Msg" instead of "Ok" or "Reply" then my T650 screen goes white and hangs. The only way out of this is to pull the battery or use the stylus to do a soft reset.

I've also found that the phone will reset itself often either when a call comes in or immediately after I hang up a call (and Ringo Pro has played or tried to play a bit more of the ringtone, which is a common complaint about this app).

I plan to send a message to the developer and ask that these issues be resolved. Sadly, I think I'll have to delete Ringo Pro until then.
    The simple answer is the Treo is a lemon !
    I had the same issue as far as the white screen freezes with sms.. I was running ringo pro and butler.. I uninstalled ringo with uninstall manger and have been fine since.. ringo is the white screen culprit..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Cut your losses..Throw it in the rubbish and buy a reliable brand...
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    24 hours so far, 10 incoming and 17 outgoing SMS's with no white screen freezes....
    No more freezes in the past 10+ days since deleting RingoPro; it was definately the cause.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12