1.    #1  
    I was thinking about getting the palmone hybrid headphones from the tc store, but was wondering - are these good quality? For $20 they seem reasonable. I am asking bc the kind that came with my smt5600 smartphone always fall out of my ears, and many others have noticed this problem as well.
    I haven't tried the others, but the cheap PalmOne hybrid headphones are not very good for music. And I had trouble with them falling out of my ears. I was very disappointed, I'm going to cut off the ear buds on these PalmOne phones and attaching some real stereo headphone buds just to see what happens.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    I just got the palm adapter from 2.5 to 3.5. Then your whole world of headphones opens up. Sure it's sloppy but Palm is sloppy for not putting a 3.5 jack on it.
    Bang & Olufsen a8

well, incredible on an iPod
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Koss Porta Pro - or Sporta Pro depending of your typical use...
    http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf...e+Stereophones
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I think the palmOne hybrid stereo headset is quite good, after you break it in.

The Koss Sporta-Pro are a little bass-heavy (a lot, actually), so if you like a lot of bass, those are for you.

Tom
    I have the Koss KSC-35, which are light, comfortable, and sound good.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Try these outhttp://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HARSOVTR650%2DSL

They look preety good

First post yee hawww
    Shure E3C with adapter
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I ended up getting Seidio 2 in 1 adapter
    http://images9.fotki.com/v171/photos...672/158-vi.jpg
    and the headphones for Sony Clie PDAs
    http://images7.fotki.com/v113/photos.../93_1_b-vi.jpg
    The cool thing about these headphones is that they have a short cord because they are meant to be plugged in to a wired remote control. This makes the adapter and the headphones combo not to be a long-cord mess. The sound quality of these headphones is better than the palmOne and Seidio headphones.

You may also want to get these headphones
    http://images6.fotki.com/v162/photos.../d2_1_b-vi.jpg
    if you want to have a wider frequency response range.

You may get these headphones on ebay by searching for Clie Headphones.

Having the Sedio adapter with me as part of my headphone setup makes it easy to be able to plug in Treo to external speakers, a stereo, or an FM transmitter, if there is a need, without having to carry a separate adapter. And of course the ability to control the volume without having to get my phone out of my pocket and launching Pocket Tunes and being able to answer and hang up the calls with a button on the headphone cord is an invaluable feature.
    Last edited by rpungin; 05/04/2005 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Shure E3C with adapter
    Concur!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I just got these:
    http://images6.fotki.com/v162/photos.../d2_1_b-vi.jpg
    and OMG, what a difference!!! These headphones beat the in-the-ear buds hands down - epsecially the ones designed for the phone. I can actually hear the bass now!
    While looking at the Seidio adapter's description in the TreoCentral Store, I wondered... what kind of "Light weight, comfortable in-the-ear design for discrete listening" can a plain adapter have??
    how much are you willing to spend? the etymotic er6i are for sale at buy.com for $80 right now...fantastic headphones. their big brother, the etymotic er4p is even better. i'd also recommend the shure e3c, the e4c (should be out in a week or so), and on a budget, the sony ex71 isn't too bad. just stay away from bose.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter and got a pair of Bose QC2 headphones for free from American Express. They are quite good, filter out a lot of ambient noise and music sounds fine. Can't use them for talking on the phone of course. Also, they need a battery to function,a triple A. The battery lasts a long time though.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Bang & Olufsen a8

well, incredible on an iPod
    Do you use these on your 650? I assume they need the adapter, right? I have been wanting these for a long time, but wasn't sure if they would work or not. Thanks!
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by kugino
    how much are you willing to spend? the etymotic er6i are for sale at buy.com for $80 right now...fantastic headphones. their big brother, the etymotic er4p is even better. i'd also recommend the shure e3c, the e4c (should be out in a week or so), and on a budget, the sony ex71 isn't too bad. just stay away from bose.
    Everyone says the etymotic top of the line at around $200 are the best but $200 is a lot for earbuds. There was a PC Mag review I read awhile back that plugged the Sony earbuds which I wound up getting from Dell for $35. I think they are excellent. They are not as good as the Sony noise-cancelling-over-the-ear phones I have, but they are a lot easier to carry around.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    Do you use these on your 650? I assume they need the adapter, right? I have been wanting these for a long time, but wasn't sure if they would work or not. Thanks!
    Yes--phones need an adapter. It costs about $6, it is sold on TreoCentral.com
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.