1.    #1  
    Hi:

My Sprint Treo 650 trying to automaticaly do the Phone update for Vision on its own every 2-3days. It updates itself fine so there is no problem in updating.

I want to know is it a normal (expected) feature or something unusuaL. It is not a bid deal but sometime it is annoying as it seems to waste a couple of my precious minutes.

Is it possible to program it to update in the middle of night ?

Thanks a lot
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It shouldn't be doing this that often.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I have the same issue happen - You need to contact Sprint PCS. There is probably a descrepency in the password on your phone and the one Sprint PCS has for you. The updates keep attempting to complete.
    Mine used to do that too, but it eventually stopped.

Tom
    I used to get this too, every few days, but it eventually stopped. It definitely wasn't password related.

I recently got one again, and pressed "Later" because I was in the middle of something.

But now I lost the option and want to do it -- having all kinds of problems that I think are related to the failed update.

Any idea how to force an update?
    This seems to be happening to me as well. I will try to contact sprint. The username seems right, though I am not sure what the password should be. I can get online so I would assume that the password is correct (otherwise it would not let me get online I thought)
    Dial ##3282# and it's one of the options.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    Dial ##3282# and it's one of the options.

Tom
    It's not clear who you are responding to, but updating is not one of the options for ##3282 -- at least as far as I can see. If you don't know your MSL, your only options seem to be changing IP address and Tunneling (Forward or Reverse).

Even if you do have your MRL, options still limited -- nothing about forcing an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    I used to get this too, every few days, but it eventually stopped. It definitely wasn't password related.

I recently got one again, and pressed "Later" because I was in the middle of something.

But now I lost the option and want to do it -- having all kinds of problems that I think are related to the failed update.

Any idea how to force an update?
    Go into Network prefrences. If your connected, press disconnect. Wait for it to disconnect then change service to "Sprint Provisioning" from the drop down list and hit connect. Wait for the process to complete and then change the service back to "PCS Vision" if it doesn't do that automaticly.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004