1.    #1  
    I just got my treo and i have been running into trouble setting up versa mail. All my email accounts are with yahoo. also how do i transfer music to my treo? i need as much help as possible with this new toy.
    You'll have to pay $20 a year to POP your Yahoo account.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    As for Music -- are you going to buy tunes from the RealPlayer store or MP3s that you burn or buy?

Either way:

1. You need an SD card, a MP3 or a RealPlayer song takes up 4mb to 6mb.

512mb minimum ($35ish?)
    1GB great ($75ish?)
    2GB awesome when available ($179ish for Ultra II)

2. Then you can use the Palm install tool to direct a song on your hard drive to be copied to the SD card in your Palm during a HotSync.

3. RealPlayer songs are a whole 'nother set of purchase procedures and loading processes. (You first have to download the RealPlayer software for your PC from the RealOne web site to start with.)

4. Any player that you use, should recognize the songs that you have placed on the SD card.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/02/2005 at 04:58 PM.
    I have 5 Versa Mail accounts set up on my Treo 650 for home and work. (1-work, 1-home, 2-daughters, 1 wife.) But they are all POP servers.

If you have a POP server, then knowing your incoming and outgoing server names, your login and password is all the information you need to know for walking thru the Versa-Mail set up screens.

2 Warnings:

1. If you use Sprint -- it seems you have to use the "Sprint Server" for your outgoing server set up. All 5 of my accounts now have the SprintPCS server and my SprintPCS mail login as my outgoing info for that account. As outgoing servers began to fail to work on my set up accounts -- this is where Sprint customer support directed me. All outgoing mail from my Treo now works fine.

2. Palm is still in the process of fixing a Versa Mail glitch -- e-mail that you have properly requested to be deleted from your Treo and the host server is not being deleted off the host server. So you end up having to do that when you link to that account through your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    If you use Sprint -- it seems you have to use the "Sprint Server" for your outgoing server set up.
    Interesting I have never had to do this and I have Sprint.
    1. If you use Sprint -- it seems you have to use the "Sprint Server" for your outgoing server set up. All 5 of my accounts now have the SprintPCS server and my SprintPCS mail login as my outgoing info for that account. As outgoing servers began to fail to work on my set up accounts -- this is where Sprint customer support directed me. All outgoing mail from my Treo now works fine.

Never used Sprint as a server ever..
    If I don't use Sprint, I get "relaying not permitted". It may be that Cox Communications does not allow relaying. But, it sounds like it is Sprint since I am on Sprint's network at the time of trying to send. Anyone else use Cox?
    I am glad other people have not experienced the problem, but when my POP Versa Mail accounts started to have the "outgoing" could not relay and stuck in the outbox problem -- Sprint tech support had me change my "outgoing smtp server" for the non-Sprint accounts (Comcast mail and my work account) to the Sprint outgoing server and the problem was solved. My outgoing e-mails still appear as having come from the correct e-mail address -- but they were just relayed out through the Sprint server.
    You might want to consider Chatter mail along with a Fastmail.fm account.

http://www.chatteremail.com
    I had the same issue with Cingular and had to do the same thing to send outgoing mail. Not a big problem though
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You'll have to pay $20 a year to POP your Yahoo account.

Or you could just use the Yahoo! mobile site to access all your Yahoo! email accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjb
    Or you could just use the Yahoo! mobile site to access all your Yahoo! email accounts.
    You could, but that wouldn't help him set up Versamail.
    Why are some able to use their regular email provider with their SMTP while others, like myself, have to use our cellular provider's SMTP to send mail? It's not a big deal at all, just curious. I thought it was just me, or Sprint, but UNYTU said he had the same scenario with Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Why are some able to use their regular email provider with their SMTP while others, like myself, have to use our cellular provider's SMTP to send mail? It's not a big deal at all, just curious. I thought it was just me, or Sprint, but UNYTU said he had the same scenario with Cingular.
    I think the problem has to do with compatibility with the email provider.
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    Some email providers will let you use their smtp servers from outside of their network and some won't. Mine won't, so I use Verizon's smtp service. You can also use a third party service like www.smtp.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjb
    Quote Originally Posted by stxg
    You could, but that wouldn't help him set up Versamail.
    And not only that, but the OP mentions email accounts (plural). I guess if you really had no choice you could sit there for half an hour, logging in and out on Blazer to read your mail...I'll pass.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."