Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got the treo 650 and I have no idea where to start. Any recommendations? I am not a techie......How do i change ringtones, etc. any cool programs and how do i download?
    Check the FAQ section on this website, along with the manual that came with the phone (assuming you bought it new). Both are sources of good information for just starting out.
    I would recommend this thread:

Newbie Cingular Treo 650 FAQ - READ ME FIRST!

Welcome!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Ooooooo .. . . . this could bring a raft of sarcastic responses. May I suggest:

1. Find a Treo user in your business and ask for some hands on advice.
    2. Where did you buy it from? Store front personnel will usually help you with a few quick how to's.
    3. Look in your manual.
    4. Try doing a search on popular apps within this forum. I seem to recall at least two threads on that subject.
    5. Review the last 4 to 5 months of the blogs at Treonauts.com. Andrew has done extensive research and posts on what he feels are "best of breed" apps for the Treo 600 and now 650.
    6. Don't expect to be an expert overnight. Learn as you go, review the postings here and at Treonauts and glean info as you go.
    7. Go to the Palm software sites (palmone.com, handandgo.com and others) and just browse through software titles by category -- and you will start getting a feel about what your new Treo 650 can do for you. The real question is: "What do you want it to do?" And I am sure there will be software out there to do it.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/02/2005 at 10:07 AM.
    Sarcasm? Here??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sarcasm? Here??

Oh, just every once in awhile!
    If you're a real newbie I suggest using the treo as is for a week or so and lurking the boards here. Get a feel for what the treo does and what you wish it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Oh, just every once in awhile!
    I've yet to the victim of this sarcasm, but thanx for the heads up! How 'bout you, Dutch?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about
    I'm torn between which I like better, the falling out of my chair hilarious roasting or the heart warming helpful nature of society. I clicked this thread because of its title and it showed dutch as the last poster so I knew I was in for a giggle.

I guess one would get boreing without the other so I hope both continue, and maybey some day I will build knowledge and/or wit and be able to contribute
    Just be like me, a know nothing roaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsu2001
    I just got the treo 650 and I have no idea where to start. Any recommendations? I am not a techie......How do i change ringtones, etc. any cool programs and how do i download?
    Hello jpsu2001,

This is Kevin from palmOne. Congratulations on your new Treo. You've gotten some great advice here. I'll add that the palmOne Support pages are another great place for answers to common questions, downloadable manuals, forums, and tips on getting the most out of your handheld. Just pick your particular model from the drop-down box here. And don't forget to register it here for updates on new discounts or promotional offers that become available.
    Last, but not least, keep TreoCentral in your bookmarks. As you can see, it's a great resource, with lots of helpful folks here willing to share their expertise.

Enjoy!

Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    I'd go with ZBoater's thread which I see he has already posted and then check out message no 3 in this thread.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...d=1#post650232
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    WOW kinda makes you think twice before giving genuine advice!
    Are personallities really not allowed here? If this site were not colorful... would it even be valuable?

Would it help if you put a disclaimer in your sig?

good idea

Let's carry this discussion over here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...485#post652485
    There are a lot of paranoid, insecure people, I know, I'm one of them, and with a discussion board you lose the means of interpretation. So for many that means jumping to the wrong conclusion a lot. But if you read this board as much as I do you get a good fell for the nature of everyone and realize everyone here is good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    There are a lot of paranoid, insecure people, I know, I'm one of them, and with a discussion board you lose the means of interpretation. So for many that means jumping to the wrong conclusion a lot. But if you read this board as much as I do you get a good fell for the nature of everyone and realize everyone here is good people.
    Please...let's post here....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...485#post652485

but I had the same feeling about you

I am moving some of the post here to your thread, dutchtrumphet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I am moving some of the post here to your thread, dutchtrumphet.

you sir, are a good man.

and that , for the record is NOT sarcasm.
    How about page 1 of the end user manual, or, is your mouth already wide open awaiting the input of spoon-fed knowledge? Careful not to cut your month on the edges of the spoon.

Seriously, why the heck would you purchase a phone and then start a new thread asking for issues that have already been addressed?.

Are you simply so special that you can circumvent good Internet etiquette, are we worthy to help you?

Ringtones & Cool Programs - Do a search, this has been covered almost to the point of exasperation. I've seen at least 50 posts talking about "What do you have on your Treo" and "How do I get ringtones!?"

Seriously, cut us a break. The information is already out there in a plethora of topics. I don't think it's too much to ask from you to search/browse the existing wealth of information before requesting individual help. If after actually doing something (such as research) other than [New Thread] you require help, I'm sure there are many members who are willing to sacrifice their free time to assist you. To not even attempt to find the answers yourself before posting is an insult to everyone here.
    Last edited by evilghost; 05/03/2005 at 08:35 PM.
    Run the application "Quick Tour".

Also, most applications have a help file. Hit "Menu" button and search for it or sometimes tap the "I" button in upper righthand corner of screen.
    FastFrank
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast