1.    #1  
    being online with blazer and having to switch to another application always leads to a clean screen when returning back to blazer.

is there a setting to keep the latest page in blazer, without having to upload it again when returning to it?
    You can set it in the Blazer Preferences
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I have the option set, but blazer still ends up reloading the page even though it had downloaded it before.
    Ahhh...not sure about if it can be done. Now that I read the original posters question, is that what he wants to know? The "clean screen" comment is what I thought he meant, but I'm not so sure now...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yeah, blazer attempts to redraw the screen even though cookies are kept and the original page is set in the preferences. It's one of the drawbacks of Blazer.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Usa Xiino. It's much faster and has a REAL cache. Your webpage will always be waiting for you when you return, and it will load instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    Yeah, blazer attempts to redraw the screen even though cookies are kept and the original page is set in the preferences. It's one of the drawbacks of Blazer.
    Redrawing != reloading. Redrawing = it pulls from cache; reloading = it pulls from the network.

I have mine set to start with bookmarks; if I hit "cancel" on the bookmarks screen it reloads. I can't remember what it does if I have it set to start with last page, and it's upstairs and I'm downstairs right now.

As for Xiino, I found it rather ugly on the 650 and quite unusable because it won't hold cookies between sessions, meaning I was having to log in to blog and news sites EVERY TIME I visited those sites, which is unacceptable. WebViewer has the same problems.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Yes it seems to reload all the time- and I have only 10mb per month allowed before I have to pay for more. And I don't want a large part of it going to reloading. I also don't care for Xiino. Instead I use Avantgo as a browser. I don't batch load data- you can set Avantgo to work online.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roamer1

As for Xiino, I found it rather ugly on the 650 and quite unusable because it won't hold cookies between sessions, meaning I was having to log in to blog and news sites EVERY TIME I visited those sites, which is unacceptable. WebViewer has the same problems.

-SC
    I think you need to check your settings. Maybe under Preferences you were rejecting cookies. Xiino absolutely does retain cookies between sessions. It would be unusable otherwise. Can't speak to it being ugly, but it is pretty enough for me because it is MUCH faster than Blazer and you don't spend all that time reloading.