1.    #1  
    I've googled & searched the TC forums -- but haven't found any utility that enables something that is standard on every phone I've ever owned:

Any Key Answering.

I want to have the option of answering an incoming call by blindly hitting any key on the Treo's keyboard.

Does anyone know of any way to enable this ??
    LMAO that totally reminds me of the simpsons "The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To order a specially designed dialling wand please mash the keypad now". LOL

....er it's late and I'm tired.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  3.    #3  
    I know you write in good humour, but the need is a genuine one.

When I'm biking, jogging etc. and get a call I don't want to pull the 650 from the case (and no I don't use a BT headset because it can't do music). I just want to mash any key to receive the call -- easy no ???

but apparently this is technology beyond the Treo's capability...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I know you write in good humour, but the need is a genuine one.

When I'm biking, jogging etc. and get a call I don't want to pull the 650 from the case (and no I don't use a BT headset because it can't do music). I just want to mash any key to receive the call -- easy no ???

but apparently this is technology beyond the Treo's capability...
    This is not at all what you are asking but, I also do a lot of biking and running while using my Treo as an MP3 player. My solution was to buy the Treo 650 Hybrid Headset.
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/108.jpg
    That way you have an answer/end button 2 inches from your chin, problem solved.

But, if you would prefer to buy software rather than hardware, I am sure there is an app out there to do it (because there seems to be an app for almost anything you can think of) however, I can't think of one.

Good luck.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You mean one of these??
    Heheheh. I think one of my all-time favourite pieces of code was a game installer which prompted you to "Hit any key to continue, or any other key to abort."
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    You can use treo guard to disable all the buttons that would ignore the call and also reset the (side up/down button, phone, calender, datebook, screen/power) bottons to answer the call. That way you couldnt go wrong. To set all those buttons to answer the call tap the "actions" button on the "keys" screen in the treo guard application itself. Here is treo guard--->click

Forgive us if we like to joke around, if we didnt this board would be slow, boreing and with fewer users, meaning fewer knowledgeable fellows.

If your not registered at Handango heres the prc

EDIT: for clarity
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 05/02/2005 at 03:43 PM.
  8.    #8  
    [QUOTE=jamespaulritter]You can use treo guard to disable all the buttons that would ignore the call and also reset the (side up and down button, phone, calender, datebook, screen/power) bottons to answer the call. That way you couldnt go wrong. To set all those buttons to answer the call tap the actions button on thekeys screen. Here is treo guard

Forgive us if we like to joke around, if we didnt this board would be slow, boreing and with fewer users, meaning fewer knowledgeable fellows.

cool -- thanks -- I'll try that.

(btw -- the wit is much appreciated...)

755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)