1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an app that will disconnect me from the web after a certain amount of time. The reason is because after i get of the web i would like it to auto disconnect to save some battery, instead of pushing the disconnect button. I know its a dumb little task, but what can i say, im lazy. Thanks in advance
    I would like this too! :-)
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Take a look at Reset Netlib from this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=reset+netlib

It's a nice little freeware program that resets the network libraries on the Treo, but it's a very small program that runs very quickly and when it's done it always disconnects the network connection. I think this will do exactly what you want.

HTH,
    Brett
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Treohelper. It's free. It will also automatically turn on your phone (radio) after a reboot if you want it to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    Does anyone know of an app that will disconnect me from the web after a certain amount of time. The reason is because after i get of the web i would like it to auto disconnect to save some battery, instead of pushing the disconnect button. I know its a dumb little task, but what can i say, im lazy. Thanks in advance
    I have yet to see any evidence that disconnecting a data session saves battery life.
    If you are looking for a way to save battery life, I built in a nice feature to ProfileCare that will monitor your battery levels. When it reaches your pre-defined level, ProfileCare will shutdown non-vital parts of your Treo to extend the remaining battery power as long as possible.

What it shuts down is configurable. The default says to turn off BlueTooth, IR port, Dim the screen to 10%, Turn off the KeyBoard Lights, Shutoff the vibration alerts, and turn off the LED. You can add or change any number of settings as ProfileCare allows you to configure 24 different Treo settings.

ProfileCare also has the ability to shutdown your phone radio when it sees a continious loss of signal for X minutes. Then after Y minutes, it will wake up again and look for a signal. X and Y are times that you configure. A no-signal state will really drain your battery.

Have fun....

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    If you are looking for a way to save battery life, I built in a nice feature to ProfileCare that will monitor your battery levels. When it reaches your pre-defined level, ProfileCare will shutdown non-vital parts of your Treo to extend the remaining battery power as long as possible.

What it shuts down is configurable. The default says to turn off BlueTooth, IR port, Dim the screen to 10%, Turn off the KeyBoard Lights, Shutoff the vibration alerts, and turn off the LED. You can add or change any number of settings as ProfileCare allows you to configure 24 different Treo settings.

ProfileCare also has the ability to shutdown your phone radio when it sees a continious loss of signal for X minutes. Then after Y minutes, it will wake up again and look for a signal. X and Y are times that you configure. A no-signal state will really drain your battery.

Have fun....

Jeff
    Sounds great, link?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Sounds great, link?
    Will be officially launched tomorrow. Tonight concluded a 2.5 month beta.

Here is a link to my download site:

http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads

The current build is ProfileCarevB0.9.59.zip. This directory is browsable. I also have an OTA directory at this level where you can download right on to your Treo.

ProfileCare has 3 PRC's: ProfileCare.prc, SC-HotKeys.prc and SC-Execute.prc

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff - I'll check it out!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    ...instead of pushing the disconnect button
    Didn't know there was a disconnect button for data sessions. Is there?
    Pls tell me which button this is...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Didn't know there was a disconnect button for data sessions. Is there?
    Pls tell me which button this is...
    On Sprint phones it's in the preferences -> network-> disconnect/connect
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    On Sprint phones it's in the preferences -> network-> disconnect/connect
    I'm aware of the possibility from within apps and the prefs/network. I often use the latter, or I open Blazer just to disconnect...

I think the conclusion will be - there is no (hard)button to disconnect GPRS
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I use net select I mapped it to option button + phone button.

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=39070
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I'm not so worried about the battery, as I am my airtime...looking for a program (like the connection mgr for the 600) that will disconnect from the web after a period of time, so I dont have to have a data plan! (on Verizon)