1.    #1  
    I have a 64 mb HP SD card that appears corrupted in a major way. I was copying an MP3 when it vanished. I tried to remount without sucess. I get a read error and am not able to reformat the card with my Treo 600, Minolta Camera or my PowerBook.

I did a search but did not find much help. Is there a way to reformat this card or should I just trash it (glad it wasn't my 1 gb card!)

I have heard of guys reformatting the card on the PC and it working; I've also heard of people using MS Scandisk on them and fixing any errors. Give it a shot.

And honestly, unless it's the information that you're concerned about, you could replace a 64Mb card for the price of a cup of coffee these days.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    I have heard of guys reformatting the card on the PC and it working; I've also heard of people using MS Scandisk on them and fixing any errors. Give it a shot.

Certainly the case with me a few weeks ago. Had problems with the card, reformatted in a SD reader/writer and had been perfect since. Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    I'll give it a try on a PC. Any special software?

The card itself is not that important. I have a half dozen of them laying around, although this one was shaved to perfection.

I am just curious about fixing it as I dread killing my 1 gb card.
  5.    #5  
    No luck with a PC either (WinXP) - both format, defrag and repair. I also tried Rescue Pro without success (PC and Mac).

Here is the link for rescue pro: http://www.lc-tech.com/

Guess the card is fried! Glad it was my junky 64 mb!
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    No luck with a PC either (WinXP) - both format, defrag and repair. I also tried Rescue Pro without success (PC and Mac).

Here is the link for rescue pro: http://www.lc-tech.com/

Guess the card is fried! Glad it was my junky 64 mb!
    drrjv, I also had problems with my SD card becoming corrupted and unformattable. I finally fixed it with these steps (post #61). Not sure if these steps are the same as the defragging/repair in your previous post, but thought I would mention it just in case.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Tanster. I did try the repair technique without success. Luckily it was a cheap card with no critical data.