Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    So, now I'm using Chatter and Fastmail to keep my Outlook and Treo email inboxes in sync.

Anyone know if there is some combination of treo app, Outlook plug-in and web-based calendar that would allow me to do the same for my calendar and task list?

Thanks.
    jg -

I've been able to do this through a combination of these two products:

Seven: http://www.seven.com/beta
    DoubleLook: http://www.companionlink.com

Basically I use DoubleLook for Palm Desktop (http://www.companionlink.com/dl4pd.htm) to keep my Outlook calendar and Palm Desktop PIM synchronized. Then, when I get a meeting request, I use Seven to accept it, which then puts it in my Outlook calendar - and DoubleLook automatically syncs that to my Palm Desktop. This arrangement has worked out great for me. The only downside is that you have to Hotsync the Treo in order to get the Palm Desktop info into your calendar.

If you use Outlook (instead of Palm Desktop) as your primary calendar app, then Seven alone might do the trick for you. I believe it has push capabilities (like Chatter).

Jesse
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    jb,

thanks. I believe I tried Seven before. As I recall, it uses a desktop PC as redirector, which didn't work for me, since I only have a laptop and it's often not attached to the net.

I guess what I'm looking for is some web-based calendar app that will automatically sync to both Outlook and the Treo.

Thanks, though.
    Im curious to hear what (if anything) people are using here, in conjunction with Chatter, to keep their calendar up to date ActiveSync style (aka, no need for wired or BT hotsync).

I love chatter, but I also love having my calendar automatically updated...

Thanks!!
    When it's a bit more mature, NexChange by NextWorks will be a viable solution to do exactly what you want.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I've got to believe that there are others out there who use chatter and have the need to have their calendar updated automatically for them....

anyone?
    Well, calendar and tasks are completely different than email for me.

An appointment or task is something that I create myself - either on my computer or on my handheld. Whichever it is created on is the one that I'm closest to, and all the information is synced the next time I perform a hotsync.

Emails, on the other hand, are created by someone else...so I don't know when they are sent. I would like to get them as soon as possible after they are sent, so I get a push solution from Chatter.

Unless you have someone else keeping your personal calendar and making updates that you aren't aware of, or if you are not in the habit of syncing on a regular basis, I really don't see a need to push appointments and tasks to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124
    jb,

I guess what I'm looking for is some web-based calendar app that will automatically sync to both Outlook and the Treo.

Thanks, though.

You need something like Wesync...

http://www.wesync.com/wesyncUSER/wesync/home/index.asp

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Man oh mam,

I am rading all the info on WeSync, and getting realy pumped. This seems like a solution for alot of issues that I have while travling. looks like an awesome program.

Does anyone have any other info on the time to deploy? this, with Chatter, makes the Treo, a category definer.

ART
    pablo-
    In really any corporate environment that uses exchange, people receive appt invitations all the time from others- which is the case for me. and since I travel to a different state every week, I need something that will add my appts automatically for me.

I really can't believe that there currently isn't a decent solution for this...
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    pablo-
    In really any corporate environment that uses exchange, people receive appt invitations all the time from others- which is the case for me. and since I travel to a different state every week, I need something that will add my appts automatically for me.

I really can't believe that there currently isn't a decent solution for this...
    I believe the ability to parse Outlook meeting requests is on Marc's roadmap for Chatter. Only he can confirm this, though.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124
    jb,

thanks. I believe I tried Seven before. As I recall, it uses a desktop PC as redirector, which didn't work for me, since I only have a laptop and it's often not attached to the net.

Thanks, though.
    You might also look at Intellisync Wireless E-mail Express (http://www.intellisync.com/pages/Products/Express/)

It's a subscription service, but has many good features and does what you are looking for.
    Hey all, David Dionne here from Nextworks. I just wanted to let you know that our product called NexChange Corporate Lite does exactly what you need. I also want you to know that it has been fully released and works incredibly well. You can get a 15 day, fully functional trial here:

http://getithere.nextworks.com/

NexChange Corporate Lite, once installed on your Palm device, directly syncronizes all of your Calendar, Contact, Note and Task information to and from your device and your Exchange 2000 or 2003 server WITHOUT requiring ANY type of middleware or desktop redirector. All you need to supply is your Outlook Web Access (OWA) url, your username, password and domain and NexChange takes care of the rest.

The full release version has been out for just over a month and the response we are getting is OUTSTANDING.

Also, Marc and I are working on a joint email application that uses Chatter's world class interface with our one of a kind, patent pending syncronzation logic.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, i can be reached at 256-468-6398.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    Also, Marc and I are working on a joint email application that uses Chatter's world class interface with our one of a kind, patent pending syncronzation logic.
    Oooh, that sounds intruiging. Any idea when that might be out?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    I've got to believe that there are others out there who use chatter and have the need to have their calendar updated automatically for them....

anyone?
    This isn't a great way of doing it, but it's been working for me:

I have VersaMail set to autosync every 30 minutes with my Exchange Server. I only have it set to download subjects in email, so as to not duplicate memory space with messages in two applications (Chatter & VM).

When I receive a meeting request in Chatter, I switch over to VersaMail and accept the meeting from that application.

This way, my calendar stays sync'd, and I can accept meeting requests, allthough it's not totally integrated, it works well for me.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ok downloaded NexChange Light and it is linked to my server but I never see any changes. I have added appointments on both my Treo and the Desktop and pushed full sync and quick sync,---NOTHING!

So what does this program do again?
    i have the same problem with several hosted exchange servers. says it syncs but nothing happens. this application still has some problems, expecially the connection issues and false progress indications. I hope they can update this thing so that it works reliably, seems to have a lot of promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Ok downloaded NexChange Light and it is linked to my server but I never see any changes. I have added appointments on both my Treo and the Desktop and pushed full sync and quick sync,---NOTHING!

So what does this program do again?
    I **think** mine worked- but if it did, it was a complete fluke as I tried to sync a good 5-6 times of waiting at least 30 minutes only to have it fail. Oh and you cant do anything else on your phone while your syncing as well.... even better... you can get it now for only $119!

Honestly... as badly as I need a solution to this problem, who on earth would even consider coming up with this kind of $$ for something like this? I mean chatter is one of my most prized progs Ive ever owned and even thats towards the higher end of palm apps at $40 (of course its actually worth every penny as well).

I can only pray that whatever these rumors are about marc having something up his sleeve are even remotely true.
    durex, have you priced competitors? like good, or RIM? just in case you havent, they work out to be ~$250/mo per client...

chattemail is just an email client, it has no enterprise connectivity capabilities...you cant compare nexchange and chattermail, thats apples and oranges. and yes, the rumors are true, marc and i are working on a joint email app...one that uses his world class front end and our one of a kind sync logic...
    benjoem or durex, call me at 256-468-6398 and i will get you up and running in no time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast