1.    #1  
    This information was relayed to me by our Parrot distributor who is also a dealer with TomTom. I do not have any experience with this software configuration and don't use the TomTom Navigation application personally. I'm just passing this along to my fellow T650 users to help with the problem.

TomTom has released the patch for the Navigator 2004 software for use with Treo650. The patch allows to return to the same map after the navigation session is interrupted by a phone call (Treo650 does not support 2 functions at once). The patch can be found here.

In addition, here is some information about Treo650 and TomTom compatibility: Treo650 with TomTom does not allow you to use Bluetooth GPS connection if telephone Bluetooth connection is active, which makes using Treo with Navigator 2004 and CK3300 impossible. However, on May 19th, TomTom is releasing Navigator 2005 that will take care of this problem. Customers, who purchased Navigator 2004 after March 15th, 2005 will be eligible for a free upgrade, customers who bought the software before march 15th, will be able to upgrade for free, but the new maps will cost them $50. Old maps will be backward compatible and useable with Navigator 2005.
    Well I have further news for you and your mate at Parrot, the tomtom navigator 5 and Treo650 does not work with BT, the phone works fine, but GPS will not work, constant 'No GPS' is displayed on the Treo Tomtom programme. Any help or news from either party would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Well I have further news for you and your mate at Parrot, the tomtom navigator 5 and Treo650 does not work with BT, the phone works fine, but GPS will not work, constant 'No GPS' is displayed on the Treo Tomtom programme. Any help or news from either party would be appreciated
    TomTom Navigator 5 and Treo 650 work just fine with BT. I use the combo almost every day in California. Make sure you spend the time to get an initial fix on the satellites. Once you get a lock you can navigate without any problem using BT to the 650 in a car. If you get a "No GPS" message, quit and then restart the Navigator program on the 650. That is all it takes, but sometimes 2 to 3 cycles of quit and start up may be necessary.
    Woops, I should have said that I was in the UK and so far no joy
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Does anyone know when the upgrade will actually be available from TomTom? I haven't heard anything about this from TomTom yet...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Quote Originally Posted by scudder
    Woops, I should have said that I was in the UK and so far no joy
    Scudder isn't the UK on the same planet ringed by the same satellites? All kidding aside, it should work the same way as it does in the Left Coast. Since TomTom makes UK maps I assume that you in the UK can "see" the same GPS satellites as I can.Try the start-stop cycle I referred to.
    I should also add that I am using Ck3300. The start stop makes no odds. Still says 'No Gps' and obviously will never get a GPS signal in this situation to lock into any satelittes even if they are the same gizmos circling our world.
    A simple fix or upgrade for UK users stuck wtih Nav 5 would be excellent
    A simple fix or upgrade for UK users stuck wtih Nav 5 would be excellent
    The simple fix might just be using a seperate BT GPS with your Treo 650.
    I also have the CK-3300 and have never been able to use the CK-3300 GPS with Tom Tom (2004). I use the included rechargeable Tom Tom GPS and it works wonderfully.

The CK-3300 GPS does work great with my BT card enabled laptop however.

I would reccommend you search on some popular BT GPS models. Ones that seem to be popular are the newer sirfstar III chipsets like the globalsat bt-338:

click here to see the globalsat

I know how frustrating it is to see these incompatibilities.

Did you ask Tom Tom support?

I am assuming that you must have bought the software standalone. Where did you get it without the GPS? I might upgrade shortly.
    Last edited by car_designer; 07/10/2005 at 08:22 PM.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Bought the software on ebay from someone who only wanted the GPS part, all official software with activation codes, etc.