1.    #1  
    On previous (Nokia) phones I've owned, it has been possible to lock the phone to a particular SIM card or cards, so that if the phone was stolen, the thief could not simply replace my SIM with one of his own. If an unrecognized SIM was inserted, a master code was required before it could be used, but once multiple cards had been registered in this way, you could switch between them without needing that code again.

In effect, this was akin to a personal version of the subsidy lock, and it made the phone more likely to be recovered if stolen. However, I can't seem to find any such feature on the 650. I guess the PalmOS security feature comes close, but that's too intrusive for everyday use and can be circumvented by a hard reset anyway.

Does anyone know of a feature such as I describe, or a third-party app which could be built into a custom ROM to do so?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    It's in the Phone app. Try options >> phone lock...
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I know about that one. But it places a lock on the SIM, such that the code is needed when that SIM is inserted into any phone (or the phone is turned on or the unit reset, in the case of the Treo).

The feature I'm looking for locks the phone from being used with unknown SIMs, not vice versa.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro