1.    #1  
    When I press my HoySync buttom on my 650, iSync will start (in the background, not like it used to when it showed the status menu) and sync my Treo 650 but won't sync with my iPod.

I have to go through iSync and manually select "Sync Devices" under the "Device" menu for my iPod to be updated. But when I do this, I receive the following message:

"Your device list contains a Palm OS compatible device. To include it in the synchronization, you must press the HotSync button located on the device cradle.

If HotSync is currently executing from a previous sync operation, please wait for it to complete before pressing the HotSync button again.

If you do not respond to this panel before the timeout the sync will proceed without the Palm Device."

I follow the instructions and push my HotSync button and the everything works fine (syncs Treo / iPod / computer). This extra step seems redundant and is really frustrating.

I would like to sync as I did before Tiger when all I had to do is press the HotSync button on my palm cradle and my two devices would sychronize.

Any thoughts from my Mac / Treo friends would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
    There is a new palm conduit for iSync included in Tiger. You need to open iSync (without pressing the hotsync button on your Treo), click on the icon that represents your Treo, and follow the instructions to activate palm syncing in iSync. Then, you will be back in the situation of being able to just press the hotsync button.

Bubbler
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamburnette
    There is a new palm conduit for iSync included in Tiger. You need to open iSync (without pressing the hotsync button on your Treo), click on the icon that represents your Treo, and follow the instructions to activate palm syncing in iSync. Then, you will be back in the situation of being able to just press the hotsync button.

Bubbler
    Nope. Doesn't work. There's already been several threads on the Apple discussion boards outlining this problem. In order for ALL iSync devices (like an iPod and Treo 650) to sync (w/ iCal, Mail, etc.), you need to first open iSync, then click Snyc Now, and then you're prompted to press the HotSync button on your "Palm device" (see the attached picture). This is NOT the "old" way where by you could just press the HotSync button on your Palm / Treo and have iSync kick in a sync All your devices. It's simply redundant and makes no sense.

If I get an answer I'll post it here first!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    Nope. Doesn't work. There's already been several threads on the Apple discussion boards outlining this problem. In order for ALL iSync devices (like an iPod and Treo 650) to sync (w/ iCal, Mail, etc.), you need to first open iSync, then click Snyc Now, and then you're prompted to press the HotSync button on your "Palm device" (see the attached picture). This is NOT the "old" way where by you could just press the HotSync button on your Palm / Treo and have iSync kick in a sync All your devices. It's simply redundant and makes no sense.

If I get an answer I'll post it here first!
    I with I knew why you are having problems with this and I am not. When I put my 650 into the cradle and push the hotsync button on the cradle, my hotsync software calls iSync and syncs my 650 with my mac and with my information on my .mac account.

If I can think of anything that might help you, I'll post it. In the meantime, don't give up, because what you want to do is possible.

Bubbler
    Guess What? This just got harder and EVEN MORE complicated!

Remeember when iSync was intended to be the one stop shop for syncing all devices?

I do, cause in panther, I sync'd up my .Mac, my bluetooth phone(T608), my Sony Clie, and my iPod with just one button.

Now, it gets worse......with iTunes 4.8 Apple has taken iPod synching(contacts and calendars) OUT of iSync, and into iTunes.....for some reason.

What the hell is Apple thinking?
  6.    #6  
    I've heard about this but haven't yet downloaded the update. I see it's available but keep waiting for it to show up in my Software Update window (it checks automaticaly at night). I'm hoping that iTunes will somehow sync when iSync is initiated. Heck, I hope they just take the step to return to a one button hot sync for ALL devices instead of this crap we're doing now- start iSync THEN push your HotSync button! What gives!

How on earth could Apple have this working in Panther then leave it out in Tiger?
    Quote Originally Posted by winebrat
    I've heard about this but haven't yet downloaded the update. I see it's available but keep waiting for it to show up in my Software Update window (it checks automaticaly at night). I'm hoping that iTunes will somehow sync when iSync is initiated. Heck, I hope they just take the step to return to a one button hot sync for ALL devices instead of this crap we're doing now- start iSync THEN push your HotSync button! What gives!

How on earth could Apple have this working in Panther then leave it out in Tiger?

It just showed up in my software update I started manually(I always wait for things to show up in SU as well, although I don't wait for it to check automatically).

Anyway, the only reason I downloaded the update(despite my obvious frustration with what I perceive to be Apple's killing of iSync's great original concept) is because I am hoping it resolves a bug I'm having with a iPod alarm that has NEVER gone away, despite my deletion of it in iCal, my turning off of alarms in the iPod itself, everything.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it goes off again.

What is happening to iTunes as well? First it was for tunes, now it's an iTunes/iPhoto(if you got an iPod photo)/iCal/iSync Hybrid.

Simplicity Apple, Simplicity! It's why I switched in the first place!