1.    #1  
    Anyone else out there have any problems with the side button on their Treo 650 not working? I had the preferences set so that when the side button was held down, the 'Camera' application would open. For the last couple of days, the side button wasn't working. I initially thought that it was probably a software conflict, (Zlauncher, Treo butler, etc,) but after hard resetting the Treo this afternoon, the side button is STILL non-functional.

I guess I'm going to be stopping by the Sprint store tomorrow and seeing what my options are. Fortunately, I have the $5 a month insurance plan...

TMann
    Did you install Butler or any other app recently? I had the same thing happen - it took me a couple days to realize I had set the side button to funciton as the center button.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann
    Anyone else out there have any problems with the side button on their Treo 650 not working? I had the preferences set so that when the side button was held down, the 'Camera' application would open. For the last couple of days, the side button wasn't working. I initially thought that it was probably a software conflict, (Zlauncher, Treo butler, etc,) but after hard resetting the Treo this afternoon, the side button is STILL non-functional.

I guess I'm going to be stopping by the Sprint store tomorrow and seeing what my options are. Fortunately, I have the $5 a month insurance plan...

TMann
    Just curious, since I don't have the insurance and haven't read up on it...could you tell me what difference does the $5 insurance makes for a hardware defect? Does Sprint not replace the phone in-store under the standard 1 yr warranty if you hardware problem, making you send it off for repair or something?
    Does the $5 a month insurance plan cover situations like this? I thought it was just for lost or stolen Treos(?) . . . Please let me know . . . I'm curious.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko
    Does the $5 a month insurance plan cover situations like this? I thought it was just for lost or stolen Treos(?) . . . Please let me know . . . I'm curious.
    To be honest, I thought of the plan as kind of an extended warranty. (The details are spelled out in the Sprint paperwork; I'll have to go over it sometime soon.) As my Treo is just a month old, the people at the Sprint store offered to just replace it.

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann
    Anyone else out there have any problems with the side button on their Treo 650 not working? I had the preferences set so that when the side button was held down, the 'Camera' application would open. For the last couple of days, the side button wasn't working. I initially thought that it was probably a software conflict, (Zlauncher, Treo butler, etc,) but
    I _just_ had this problem =)
    It was Butler causing it - "Vol Btns", deselect "SideKey=Select", Enabled had to be on to get it to take effect.