1.    #1  
    Just got my HBH-660 to pair with my Treo650. It's definitely one of the best headset I've used.

I've only found one strange behavior, the unit seems to power off for no reason when I'm not using it. According to the SE site, it will auto shut off if the battery is low or it's not paired within 10 mins. Neither one is the case for me so I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal behavior or would I need to exchange the unit. Has anyone experienced similar behavior? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

BTW, I carry the headset in my pocket. Since the unit requires you to hold on the power button longer the 2 sec to power it off, it's unlikely that the button was accidentially pushed and held on for more then 2 sec.
    Sounds like a bad unit. My 660 does not behave in the manner that you described. It stays on unil I turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Subchaos
    Just got my HBH-660 to pair with my Treo650. It's definitely one of the best headset I've used.

I've only found one strange behavior, the unit seems to power off for no reason when I'm not using it. According to the SE site, it will auto shut off if the battery is low or it's not paired within 10 mins. Neither one is the case for me so I'm trying to figure out if this is a normal behavior or would I need to exchange the unit. Has anyone experienced similar behavior? If so, how did you go about fixing it?

BTW, I carry the headset in my pocket. Since the unit requires you to hold on the power button longer the 2 sec to power it off, it's unlikely that the button was accidentially pushed and held on for more then 2 sec.
    I am considering replacing my Treo Bluetooth headset with the HBH-660. Do the display functions such as caller ID work with the Treo 650? Will it give you the name if the number matches? Does it pick up the call with little or no delay. I am having a hard time calling people with the headset on. I hear a "hello...hello" come out of my Treo in the holder. When I put the phone to my ear, the Treo headset picks up the call. The delay is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbguyol
    I am considering replacing my Treo Bluetooth headset with the HBH-660. Do the display functions such as caller ID work with the Treo 650?
    Yes...

Will it give you the name if the number matches?
    But only the number scrolls along, no name is shown. I have only used this feature when I am away from my Treo (like getting coffee while the Treo is in the cradle).

Does it pick up the call with little or no delay. I am having a hard time calling people with the headset on. The delay is frustrating.
    The delay is pretty short, something like 2 seconds or usually less.
    Wonderful. I spent the $80 today. We'll see how it pans out. Thanks for the advice.
    BTW, a lot of members here advocate using the Jabra Eargels with the HBH-660. I tried it for a while but the volume was too high for me. Many users actually like this volume level. YMMV.
    how can I stop the headset from auto connecting when I place an outgoing call?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680