Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65
  1. #21  
    I just quickly overloaded the ROM on purpose. What gets displayed is this:
    "XXXX of ~7130000 | About -XXXX Available" For Step #34, you want to avoid the minus (-) symbol.


    Quote Originally Posted by contempt
    100thMonkey, one confusing part of your Wiki. Step #34. You mention the tilda (~) symbol representing too many items. However, there's always a tilda symbol in that center area (I stripped my ROM down and it was still there).

    Now I'm thinking you meant a tilda symbol where it says "About ~xxxx available". NOT "XXXXX of ~7130000"
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by contempt
    FYI, I copied ActNames.prc (Agendus Pro 9.0.4), ZLauncher.prc, and AcidImage.prc into my new ROM. It showed 32497 still available. Going to see if Filez or something small will also fit.

    I'm definitely doing something wrong. I deleted all the language files except English, Versamail, Real Player, the tutorials, and tried to add only Agendus, and it was, by itself, too large. Since you've done it, at least I know it can be done. Back to the drawing board!
  3. #23  
    Well that could be the problem. I deleted all of the extraneous programs such as RealPlayer, Versamail, Tutorial, Calculator and the non-English files. If you're only deleting language files, I'm not sure how much you could save, which to your point, not much.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by contempt
    I just quickly overloaded the ROM on purpose. What gets displayed is this:
    "XXXX of ~7130000 | About -XXXX Available" For Step #34, you want to avoid the minus (-) symbol.
    Wiki has been updated...thanks !
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5. #25  
    I have a big problem after installing my CustomROM!!
    My Treo resets and resets and resets.
    What can I do??
  6.    #26  
    make a detailed list of what you did, each step, including what files you removed and added from the ROM
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  7. #27  
    Deleted: all languagefiles except german, tutorialfiles,
    added: filez, Backupbuddy, snapcalc, teapot.
    Lasttime I installed the FW 1.23 it reseted several times until I took out the SD Card. This time I did this after first reset cycle. I think this could be my deadly failure?!

    Is there a chance to reinstall the normal 1.23 oder anything to stop the cycle-of-reset?
    thanks!
  8.    #28  
    that would be a good place to try to start, try 1.23 unaltered again to see if you can do that
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  9. #29  
    It does this: palmOne sceen with the running bar, then Palm Logo, and back to the first. So it doesn´t start the Updater from Card...
    What to do now??
  10. #30  
    Same here. I tried to make a custom ROM and no matter what I did, I got a negative number. So just now, I started over and added nothing extra to the ROM - just kept the standard files (opened ace-palmos.zip and did select all like the Wiki said) and I get:

    8351120 of ~7130000 | About -1221120 available

    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    http://marc.abramowitz.info/treo-650/
    Treo 650 GSM unlocked, firmware 01.71, software 1.20-ENA
    Cingular with MEdia Net Unlimited ($24.95)
  11.    #31  
    I would download the unaltered ROM again and start over....that's bizarre
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  12. #32  
    Some more info. I nuked everything and started with a fresh copy of the 1.23 firmware that I got from ftp://ftp.snikte.net/Treo650-fw123.zip

    I run T650Rom.exe v0.7 BETA Shadowmite (1/11/05), select Treo650-fw123/PALM/DeviceCustomizer/Treo650.ROW/ace-palmos.zip and click "Open ROM Zip". Then I click "Select All".

    Then without adding or deleting anything from the ROM, I click "Build It!" and I get:

    8351120 of ~7130000 | About -1221120 available

    I haven't tried to install to my Treo, because I'm worried about bricking the thing if I load a firmware that is too big.

    Why are my ROMs always short on space?
    http://marc.abramowitz.info/treo-650/
    Treo 650 GSM unlocked, firmware 01.71, software 1.20-ENA
    Cingular with MEdia Net Unlimited ($24.95)
  13.    #33  
    try downloading Shadowmite's tool again..maybe yours was corrupted for some reason because that is just not right
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  14. #34  
    The full Rom includes all the languages available and would not fit into ROM, thus they make you choose the language before installing. Once you delete the extra languages then it will fit. Some of the others available for download have already done this.

    On another matter, I cannot get Agendus Pro to run from the ROM for some reason. I have added it and the mail both but get a soft reset whenever I launch Agendus Pro.

    I finally removed it from the ROM, deleted from the backup and then re-installed it.

    Other indicate they have had success but I have not. I am using 1.21 GSM on Cingular P650

    FullThrottleDave
  15. #35  
    as an update:

    i recently took the plunge and made a rom with only the english files. my treo has been working just fine with these apps in rom:

    snapper 2.6 (registered)
    clean freak pack (registered)
    zlauncher (registered)
    zlauncher theme aquawood hi xp 64 (something like that anyway)
    pdareach 1.51 (registered)
    keyguardtime+
    treoalarm (although this app seems to update frequently so i may remove it and put it into ram)

    with my apps installed i have 95% available, not including my 1gb sd card
  16. #36  
    I haven't yet tried to build my own custom ROM. I'm scared of permanently hosing my Treo. However I have played around with the tools in anticipation of someday working up the courage. Here's my question:

    For removing the extraneous language files, it seems much easier to unzip the ROM file, do a 'rm *_itIT; rm *_deDE' etc. and then re-zip. Removing each unwanted language file individually with Shadow's tools seems too time-consuming and error-prone.

    Has anyone tried this? It's really the re-zip step that concerns me. A zip program could possibly generate a non-standard zip file, that the Palm OS would not understand. What would be the consequences when trying to apply it? My guess is the ROM updater would simply fail to run.

    Another question: has anyone tried to run a ROM updater on the PalmOS simulator? If it works, it would be a good way to test out a ROM candidate before applying it.
  17. Danitaz's Avatar
    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #37  
    when you say "download" the ROM, do you mean just use the 1.23 ROM that I've flashed the phone with, or somehow "download" the ROM from the phone. I remember back with my 270 that we had to backup the ROM on the phone for some reason, and I'm not sure if this is what is referred to here, or just the ROM that we've got available in 1.23

    Thanks.
  18. Danitaz's Avatar
    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #38  
    Ooops - I left that previous message about "downloading" on my PC while I made dinner, and didn't check the thread again before posting - I see you do use the "downloaded" 1.23 ROM

    As Emily Latella used to say . . . .

    D
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by FullThrotleDave
    The full Rom includes all the languages available and would not fit into ROM, thus they make you choose the language before installing. Once you delete the extra languages then it will fit. Some of the others available for download have already done this.
    Ah yes, I was just noticing that there are tons of files for all different languages. I didn't think to delete those, because Step 20 of the Wiki said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Time and future will indicate if it is safe to delete these other language packs in the GSM models. For the meantime, it is safe to delete the unneeded language packs for the "DefConnection" file.
    I am guessing that this information is outdated and that it IS safe to delete the other language packs?

    So now I'm going through and deleting all the DE, ES, FR, IT stuff. Is there another download that I can use that has these already removed?
    http://marc.abramowitz.info/treo-650/
    Treo 650 GSM unlocked, firmware 01.71, software 1.20-ENA
    Cingular with MEdia Net Unlimited ($24.95)
  20. #40  
    i used shadowmite's tool very carefully and removed them. even this way it didn't take me more than 15 minutes to go through the rom......although definitely like the instructions say, use a simple directory structure so that you can see all of the file names and paths....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions