1.    #1  
    I have a number of emails on my 650 that I want to delete. I follow the instructions, select all, then choose delete. It asks me to confirm, then the screen goes blank and the Treo does a reset.

When it gets back up, the phone is off and all of the emails are still there.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas as to how I can get these emails off without a hard reset and reinstalling everything?

Many thanks for any input.

Pat
    You probably shouldn't tell us what email client you are using, that way it's more of a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    You probably shouldn't tell us what email client you are using, that way it's more of a mystery.
    My money's on WorsaMail. Anyone care to bet against me?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I think it's probably Trashmail 3.0c, or even Shovelmail 3.0c, but I think we're talking about the same ROM embedded piece of trash that has caused people to develop and install custom ROMs for the sole reason of having a stable device free of afflicted PalmOne garbageware.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    My money's on WorsaMail. Anyone care to bet against me?
    Between you and evilghosts characterization of versamail...it just makes me beam with pride when I use Chatter (btw-you guys crack me up )
    Someone posted a link for a fix. There is a solution on the PalmOne website. Basically, the problem appears to be some sort of corruption of the email files. The solution is to use filez or ZLauncher to delete all of the files (I think you sort on any file creaded by as3 or asc3 or something).

The other thing that may be an issue is the email server. I used to use another set of settings for Earthlink. The default ones do not match the ones I used to use. I have set them back.

I am not sure which of the two solutions helped, but I can now delete mail.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I've had this same described problem with Versamail ever since I began using it. The PalmOne solution works for the most part, but in my case I have one remaining email that I simply cannot get rid of even when I delete every single Versmail file in RAM and on my PC including Versamail and Backup folders!

Each time when I setup Versamail anew after deleting everything, the corrupt email shows up in my Inbox. Any attempt to open it, or delete it results in a reset.

I use a Cingular branded Treo and I now believe that somehow the version of Versamail on my Treo is embedding email files in ROM somehow or in some other invisible file until they are deleted. There's no other explanation for why this email keeps reappearing after deleting all the Versamail files.

I've resolved it by simply not using the program. It was buggy from the beginning and this problem sealed it for me. There are much better email clients for the Treo as many Treo users know.